Thursday, September 20, 2007

Delicious

Last night, when I walked in the door after teaching, I found a delicious dinner waiting for me. My cute husband had fed the kids, cleaned up their dishes, and set out a meal of my very favorite things: grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes, pasta and mozzarella with a basalmic vinegar dressing (in case you can't tell from the picture :) It made my day, especially because 1) I know how much work it takes to make dinner while wrangling the kids, and 2) Joseph had to head out the door for church meetings the minute I walked in and I knew it was his way of showing me he loved me even though he'd be gone most of the night. I love that guy.

The picture only shows half of a plate full--I ate too much before thinking about grabbing a photo :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, Joe wins an award for best efforts! Those kinds of surprises are the best. No wonder you sounded so grateful to him when I talked to you last night! And how nice that he will be taking the kids tonight while we go learn more about cooking from Ruth Ann!

Heidi said...

That is awesome! I think I should send Ben to some cooking classes ;-)

Jess said...

Wow care, that is definintely sounding soooo good to me right now!

Bobbi said...

Props to Joe for being a great husband. You are a very lucky woman! (He is a lucky man, too.)

Krista said...

Joe is sooo awesome. I would totally love that. I guess that helps make up for the extra work on the laptop at home. :)

Krista said...

ps I talked to dr johnson today about the kids and if I was contagious to others. He said absolutely not (meaning not contagious) unless I'm feeling like I'm sick. So I'm in for tonight. Did you put tonight all together. You are super cool if you did.