Monday, September 10, 2007

Lagoon Baby


Oh yes--we spent the day at Lagoon on Saturday. We arrived bright and early, at 10:15 am, and hit all the kiddie rides right away. The air felt perfectly cool all morning and until about 12:30 pm, we avoided waiting in any long lines. We had so much fun and I had no idea my kids were so brave! All 4 of us even went on the Log Flume together and the kids just breathed in deep during the steep plummet and then laughed when a small splash got us wet at the end.



Nanny met us at lunch time and took the kids on their second train ride while Joe and I grabbed a ride on the White Roller-Coaster. Joe and the kids took Nanny on the Skyride and then we all hit the huge ferris wheel where our squirmy Cares nearly gave us all heart attacks as she climbed around oblivious to our height--where are seat-belts when you need them?! Later in the afternoon, Nanny took our worn out babies home while Joe and I braved the lines for Wicked, Spider and Rattlesnake Rapids (where we got totally drenched :) We ran out of time for the classic haunted houses and the other, newer ride Rocket. We'll have to hit those next time...


Cares' favorite: the train rides where she called every animal "baby" and squealed with delight to see them. Bentley's favorite: the Ladybug Bop which we sneakily sent him on twice in a row (once with Joe and then once with me). My favorite: rocking the skee-ball game and winning Cares a soft, white "Be" (bear). Joseph's favorite: falling straight toward the ground at an incredible rate on the ride Wicked (see link above for accurate picture...) Nanny's favorite: watching Bentley pull all of his best faces for photo ops :)

I have tons of great pics from our fun day. I think I'll have to post a slideshow or at least another entry so I can include them all.

**Joseph and I bought a set of Photoshop Actions which Rebecca Mudrick suggested for editing photos. We played around with them on all the pics posted in this entry. They can really make colors pop and details stand out. I am turning into more of a trade school sucker than I ever imagined ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was anxious for pictures from Lagoon! They are so sweet, esp the picture of Nanny and Cares. This is really a good time of year to go. I wish Disneyland was only an hour away...

I want to hear more about your photo enhancer purchase. Your pictures look so vivid!

Heidi said...

Yeah I used to love Lagoon but now the thought of it makes me sick. ha ha. I need to try out the new rides. That one photo of Bentley is the robot about to explode that I am talking about. Cool photos and I love the touches from your new photoshop program.

Krista said...

your pics look great! We need to get that. i love the pic of cares at the end she looks so sweet.