Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Preschool


Yesterday, Bentley had his very first day of preschool! Naturally, he wore a sweet outfit he chose for himself (just seems easier to avoid morning meltdowns rather than dress him myself :) He also insisted on bringing some Diego stickers to share with everyone (as seen in the pictures). He seemed just a little nervous, especially when we arrived at a house we had never been to before. But once he saw all his little friends (the same kids he goes to nursery with) he was just fine. Next week we will have all the kids here. Any suggestions on how I entertain Cares while teaching/playing with the big kids?

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Carrie, what a milestone! He looked cute in his Bentley fashion statement. I'm glad he was happy to be there.Next week--I think Cares will just follow everyone around and be entertained that so many kids are there. I would hide all the toys except what you are going to be using in your "lesson plan", otherwise the kids will get distracted. Just let Cares do whatever the others are doing, she'll figure it out quickly and want to do what they are doing. What are your plans? What did Bentley do this week? The Eyre's book "Joy School" would be helpful--probably avbailable at the library.

Heidi said...

Yay for Bentley- Love his fashion sense- that kid kills me! Good luck teaching it next week sis

Anonymous said...

Bean has the best outfits! I know how that is because Maddie wants to choose hers as well. Sometimes I let her but sometimes we have tears. At least my boys still ask me what they should wear and they like laying their clothes out with me the night before. I went in the other night as the boys were getting in their pjs and Eth had an outfit laid out super nicely on the floor (complete with socks). He asked if the clothes were ok and I approved. So cute.
I can't believe little Bean is in pre-school. He will love that weekly activity and Cares will be able to tag along with all of the other kids when they meet at your house. Maybe sometimes you could send her to my house with Joe in the morning and I could keep her until after. We would love to have her! Try it out next week but know that if it is too hard with her, you can send her our way!