Thursday, September 6, 2007

Summer's Beginning to Give Up Her Fight

Last week, I got Pottery Barn's fall catalog in the mail. Last night, the air felt amazingly cool. Today, Cec and I shopped for Halloween decorations at The Basket Loft. Fall is coming.

We spent our Labor Day weekend up at the LeBaron's Sundance cabin as well as my parents' cabin in Weber Canyon. It was glorious and fresh up in the mountains and we spotted several rainbows on Sunday evening. It's too bad that my camera didn't quite catch their vivid color saturation--they were so beautiful!

Changing leaves up Provo CanyonRiding the huge black bear with Grandma BobbiPark City on Labor Day--one popular spot. Notice the hints of orange and red on the hillside!

Thanks to the Indigo Girls for the title of my blog today (from "Mystery" on the album Swamp Ophelia--one classic song on one of my favorite albums)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great minds think alike! This same time last year I named a post this same title. I love Indigo Girls. Thanks for playing with us at the cabin- we love Beans and Cares and both of you!!

Anonymous said...

I know we already talked about this but the Pottery Barn catalog always puts me in the fall mood. I am so anxious to decorate! Thanks for the fun, quick shopping trip to Basket Loft and the other cute store. The air was PERFECT today but I hear warmth is headed our way again. At least we know the cool is coming sometime soon.
Funny that you used this line from Indigo Girls today. I haven't heard any music by them for ages (maybe a couple years) and today I heard "Closer to Fine," which I had to belt out the harmony to. Love their music.