Monday, October 1, 2007

8 Years

8 years ago today, Joseph and I were married. There is so much I could say about that amazing day (and our fabulous wedding reception the night before). But for me, the most important thing has always been the complete happiness and hope for the future I felt while kneeling across the altar from my husband. I knew that day that I was in exactly the place I needed to be in with exactly the right person. After 8 years, I still feel the same way. I have total faith our marriage and love for each other--and that makes me one lucky woman.

We spent the weekend up in Park City to celebrate our anniversary. We hit the Alpine Slides and Alpine Coaster on Friday evening and then had dinner up at the Canyons at a restaurant called The Cabin. Afterwards we checked into out hotel, went hot tubbing and fell asleep by 10:30 pm :) We didn't wake up until 8:30 the next morning and it felt amazing--we haven't slept that long in ages! On Saturday we grabbed breakfast at Squatters and watched as the rain outside turned into snow and started dusting the mountains. We braved the storms and headed to the outlets where we shopped for almost 4 hours. We felt like young marrieds again--enjoying our weekend without kids' schedules to worry about. That night we had dinner on Main Street and came back to our room to watch Ocean's 13. We had a wonderful weekend away. The only sad thing was that our Caroline hadn't quite recovered from her virus and managed to get both Nanny and Grandma Bobbi covered in throw-up while they watched her. Poor baby and poor grandmas! They really treated us by letting us get away for 2 nights--thank you!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Hurray! Happy Anni!! I cannot believe it has been 8 years! I still remember your wedding day so well. Sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend getaway, but sorry to hear now you are sick.

Bobbi said...

Happy Anniversary! I, too, remember that day so well, and the fun reception the night before. Thanks for letting us watch your little ones. Even with Cares being sick, we loved having them around. Little children have such a purity of spirit about them, and it is sweet to be in their presence.

Krista said...

What a fun weekend. I'm glad you could get away for a bit and how nice are bobby and RuthAnn for taking care of Cares. We need to get together again soon. Are you really sick right now. Sad. Why must we get sick at such a pretty time of the year...at least make it winter when we can't leave anyway because we're snowed in or something. Get better.

Katherine said...

I remember your beautiful reception in your parents' backyard. I remember Joe and his group sang to you and it was so great. Happy 8th! Oh how time flies...

Mariposa said...

hey pretty lady won't you give me a sign, I'd give anything to make you mine, oh mine!

remember that song? I love it that you married my brother. You are a kindred spirit and such a fun sister-in-law. You've embraced your ugly side and for that, we will all be forever grateful! Happy anniversary, guys!

Kim Allen said...

That looked like a fun time. We are glad that we got to hang out with you two @ Powell.