Friday, September 21, 2007

Dinner Anyone?


My mom is right--we need a good name for what we did last night! Essentially, we met at my mom's house in her fabulous and huge kitchen to learn about freezing meals and then we prepared and assembled some to take home. Sounds kind of like a homemaking meeting but it was so much better! First of all, the company was ideal--women and friends that are all basically my family (the Horsleys really feel like my 2nd set of in-laws!) Secondly, the food we made was so delicious--well, the dishes I sampled while cooking anyway :) And lastly, we hung out together for over 3 hours working hard but visiting and laughing and learning the whole time. We are all eager to make this a regular event every month or 6 weeks or so. Thanks to Ruth Ann and Mary for all their prep work and to everyone for hanging out and making great dinners that I am excited and eager to try (with little effort the night of!).

2 comments:

Heidi said...

When is the next one I am flying in for it? However I am not sure how I will get the frozen meals home... What will Susan do with her meals?

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun night! I love looking in my freezer to see those yummy meals just waiting for me! Thanks for sending copies of all the pictures to me...I will copy the other ones from your blog.

Heidi, you do need to come to one. We are doing the next one the night after Halloween. Susan will be in town that whole week so she will be there again. Susan didn't take any home because we just all pitched in to do the work and then Ruth Ann took some to Lucy, who couldn't make it (Susan didn't have to pay for anything either but she was a great helper). I think you could check on frozen meals in a suitcase. The airplane is freezing and it would keep the meals mostly frozen. You couldn't carry them on, I don't think.