Monday, May 7, 2007

Sick Sweetie

This is how we spent the weekend at our house--holding Caroline who has felt miserable. It's fascinating how much of a disaster my home is when I don't have any free time to clean and pick-up and wash dishes. But today is different and Cares seems better. I am so happy that a tiny smile has returned to her face and that she has begun to laugh and play and eat a little more. I am hoping this means we will actually sleep tonight (I shouldn't get too excited though, because we may not be there yet.) Caresie really was a sweetheart through it all, especially if her daddy or I would just hold her and cuddle her as her fever spiked or when she couldn't breathe through her snoggy nose. I am making a plea for an end to sick kids and for more sunny Spring weather!

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

I'm so sad to hear Caroline has been sick. She is such a little sweetheart, and you feel so bad as a parent when you can't fix things for your babies. And I am sure you are tired.

Krista said...

So sad, poor cares and poor you. I'm feeling your pain if you haven't been getting any sleep! I hope your sisters read this but all of you are awesome for commenting on my blog because basically I prompt my family to comment and no one ever does! So thanks again blogger friends. Cec, that is too cute about Maddie. We'll for sure have to get together and let them play. I need to hear that song too. Too funny. :)

Heidi said...

Cares seems sick often! I hope the summer will bring better health for her.

Even if it's a sad face, I still love to see it because it is a mini Carrie face!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she was sick because it was winter again...I know I didn't feel very good because of the weather :-). She was really sweet when I saw you on Saturday though. The trip out of the house probably helped her. I loved that she still mustered up some smiles for me in her sick state. I am sorry that you guys have been sleep deprived as well and my fingers are crossed that you all get a better rest tonight. And I hope Caresie returns to big smiles and laughs as well! Love you all!

Carrie said...

I know--Cares does seem sick more often than Beans was! Maybe 'cause she's so tiny and maybe 'cause Beans is a carrier and get her sick even when he isn't.

That pic is pretty blurry but it captured her fatigued cuddling :)