Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Family Home Evening


We have turned a new leaf--I hope. Last night we had our very first Family Home Evening as an actual family. I feel like a slacker, but at the same time, Bentley is just days away from turning 3--a great age for actually participating and learning and helping. We began with a prayer given by Bentley (and helped by me). We followed with a song chosen by Bentley (It was "lightmean da queen song" which translates to Life is a Highway. Not the most spiritual song but it was fun to roll with his idea). Our lesson consisted of talking about fathers and how Bentley has 2--Daddy and Heavenly Father. Bentley asked if Heavenly Father was up by the stars and rocket ships which I totally loved :) We ended the lesson by baking chocolate chip cookies together. It was a lovely evening for us. I think it may have been, in part, because Cares was already asleep. I think the other reasons must have had something to do with sharing simple testimony with an adorable child and making happy memories.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Bean is so cute and funny in that apron!! I am laughing at his smile too, love him! Sounds like a great night sis!

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest family! My boys are heartbroken if we forget FHE. And if there is a lesson, we HAVE to include the opening and closing songs or else they don't count it as FHE. A good habit to form now because Bean will get excited about it and keep you doing it!

Katherine said...

You are so good! FHE is SO awesome with little kids. Why not the Lighning McQueen song?! What a fun family evening!!

Bobbi said...

Cute pictures and darling Bentley with his comments! FHE is lots of fun with little ones. Good for you to be starting this tradition to strengthen your family.

johnnyboy said...

I was wondering why your family was so wicked, but it's all starting to make sense now....Congrats on your initiative. FHE has been on our NYR list for the past 4 Januaries. Unfortunately, I think we've only had it 4 times. Let's do one together soon. I can sing the opening song since your husband can't hold a pitch.