Saturday, May 12, 2007

24 Dancing Bodies

That's the number of students of mine who performed in their big concert today. And they were beautiful! I loved watching them move with such freedom, happiness and energy as they danced on stage. I love my job. Granted it isn't much of a job (2 hrs a week!) but it is a perfect fit in my life.

I am proud of all my little dancers and how hard they worked and how well they remembered and executed the choreography they helped me create. That's the beauty of creative dance--it allows each dancer to make her own choices, choose her own shapes, and test her own abilities. I love seeing how individual each dancer is but also how well they can work together and create art. It was a fun day--a busy and rushed and stressful day--but very fulfilling.

I have been dancing forever. And I still remember every single concert, every costume, and the feeling I got when I stepped out on stage. It is a thrilling, anxious, wonderful feeling.

I forgot my camera today so I am expecting some pictures via email--I will post them when I get them!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I wish I could have seen them! I love to watch you dance and I am sure I would love watching little dancers that you taught. That job really is perfect for you. I admire you for sharing your amazing talents with the community.

Anonymous said...

I bet they were great! Did they love the bracelets? I am sure you felt like a proud mother as you watched them execute the moves you had worked so hard to teach them. I can't wait until you can teach MJ.
I am sorry I was so inattentive on the phone yesterday; Maddie was scaring me with all of her running away and climbing up the little stools around the bookstore!