Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Neil

Happy Birthday to my father-in-law! I love that he and Bentley have such close birthdays when they are such twins :) If my son turns out to be anything like his grandpa, I will be one lucky mom.

Neil is an amazing father and a very tender grandfather. He taught my husband the value of work, the sacred nature of the gospel and the importance of family. These are all core values and completely inherent in Neil's life. He also taught Joseph more trivial things, but things I love nonetheless: singing to children, telling silly jokes, collecting cool ties and playing pranks. I love to watch Neil watch his kids. He literally basks in their presence and frequently sits still with a content smile on his face as his children banter, laugh, sing and simply hang out together.

Neil is an antique master and has shared so many of his great finds with us. He has turned me into a collector myself and now, whenever I travel to London, I will always schedule a Saturday morning for the Portobello Road antique stalls. Neil is also the king of travel. He has taken Ruth Ann and his children on hundreds of worldwide adventures, sometimes taking just a child or two for extra bonding time with Dad. I love how smart Neil is and that he has such an incredible vocabulary (even for a Canadian! ). Hope you have a great birthday Neil! Our little family sends you all of our love.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love Neil too- he was always a great home teacher!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Neil! Thanks for making sure I was home taught each time I was in town visiting my family! You are a kind and genuine man, whom we all enjoy being around!