Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend


What a weekend! Heidi was in town so we had to make the most of it. Saturday afternoon we gathered for a picnic lunch at Cec and Chad's house. The kids loved showing off and acting goofy for all of us. After lunch, I sent the kids home with Joe and hit the mall with all the girls. I mainly returned things ('mainly' being the key word here :) and enjoyed adult time with my mom and sisters.

Sunday afternoon we headed up the canyon to the cabin. It was absolutely gorgeous up there--the perfect temperature and lush and green everywhere. The best part--the cabin was filled with almost our whole family (just Ben was missing--boo). We had a huge BBQ dinner and celebrated my kids' birthdays--it was so fun! Many of us ended up staying overnight and talking about any and everything until midnight. We knew it was getting late when my dad had already been sleeping for an hour while sitting right by me on the couch :) We love Sherm!

Last night, after we all took killer naps, we grabbed some dinner and headed to the park to further enjoy Joe's day off of work and tons of Daddy time. Bentley and Joe hit the slides and swings while Cares and I stayed on the grass. Caroline hates to feel the grass on her feet and legs so she hardly ever ventures beyond the edge of the picnic blanket. However, she loves to wrestle and crawl all over me so we just played together while the boys ran wild.

I had one of those moments while we were at the park last night and I was watching my husband happily trot around with our son while I kept laughing and cuddling our baby girl. I wanted time to freeze or at least extend itself a little more than usual. I focused for a second and tried to memorize all that I was seeing with the gentle wind blowing Caroline's feathery hair and Bentley's strong little body climbing all over the place. My children are already growing up too fast and I want to enjoy this happy place we are in before it fades away. I am so happy and feel so much love for this little family of mine that it overwhelms me all the time. I never want to stop feeling this way. I am so lucky.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

It was such a fun weekend, thanks for sharing so much time with me! I love your fam and I am happy to know you are so happy!

Anonymous said...

I love trying to freeze a moment in time so that I can capture a wonderful memory. Thanks for the fun birthday party at the cabin~the food was delish!

Cute pictures!

Bobbi said...

Thanks for the party and the 2 adorable excuses for it--the birthday kids. They were so good and seemed to enjoy the cabin experience.
I, too, loved to freeze those happy, perfect moments. I am glad you are taking the time to cherish these sweet years with your little family.