Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Caroline

I cannot believe my baby is 1! This year has passed so quickly. It has been so fun and full of so much change and growth in the life of my sweet baby Cares.

Before I knew I was pregnant with a girl, I had decided it would be most practical if I had another boy. That way, Bentley and the new baby would be perfect little playmates and friends forever. I was quite sure there was another tiny boy swimming around inside of me. When I went to my ultrasound and found out I was most certainly having a girl, I was really surprised and insanely excited! I felt too spoiled. I was suddenly planning for a much different mothering experience and I couldn't have been more eager to meet my daughter.

She came--early and little and easily--what a good baby already! And of course I fell in love all over again, holding a new child for the second time--what a miracle. Now, my tiny little infant is growing into such a big girl! And she is so much fun. Her newest trick is to say "hi" to all around her, over and over again, but I'll never get enough of her darling baby voice. She can also say "dada," "mama" and "baba" for bye. Bentley and I love to "talk" to her as we play during the day. Caroline is a very curious thing and she crawls like the dickens--it is hard to keep up with her. She loves to climb up the stairs at lightning speed, eat toilet paper, newspaper, mail--essentially any and all paper, hunt for treasures in the garbage can, and hideout under the kitchen table. She is incredibly patient with Bentley's "hugs" and no matter how often he upsets her, she is still very eager to play with him, hold his cars and big boy toys, and laugh with him as they nuzzle their faces into each other's blankies.

I love to cuddle my featherweight Caresie, dress her every day in her adorable, girlie clothes, listen to her mimic sounds (especially when we're in the car and she's copying Bentley), and watch her cruise around and test her growing abilities. She's my beautiful, angel, princess baby and I love her. Happy 1st birthday sweetie Cares!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Happ Birthday to the cute funny mush! Her hilarious faces she makes are my favorite thing about her.

Your kids will love reading these someday I think!

Carrie said...

Oh, the faces are pure entertainment! I forgot to post a "classic Cares" squished up face.

I hope my kids will find my awesome book(s?) of blog entries that I created through blurb.com and enjoy reading about themselves one day!

Anonymous said...

Caresie is truly a mush and her squished faces are the best! I loved hearing her say hi all through dinner last night and it was cute how she was cautiously watching Chad wherever he went. Happy Birthday to my one and only niece!

We need to publish our blogs so that our kids can read funny stuff about themselves someday.

Bobbi said...

Happy birthday to little Caroline! What fun to have her look just like her mom--it seems like our own little Carrie again. Her faces are funny, and her constant, happy smile is such a joy to all around her. We love you, little Cares.