Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Mary

Mary truly is...amazing :) --and she is a dear soul to me. I have known Mary for a long time now and we have laughed through many fond memories. A few early favorites: eating lunch up at Campus Life, suffering through Wilford Griggs New Testament tests, dancing the ever famous Die Hammerschmiedsgeselln (say that 10 times fast!) and Rustemal, and cheering on Vocal Point at countless performances. I am so lucky that Joseph has such a cool family (seriously--they just really are cool!) and that they all let me feel like I truly belong to them. I loved seeing Mary on campus when I was a newlywed. She always pulled me in for a solid hug and her bright, familiar face made me happy.

I love how open and giving and honest Mary is with her emotions and beliefs. I know it made her a powerful missionary and it makes her an endearing, trusting friend. My hubby and I truly missed her while she was on her mission and felt so sad that we had to wait longer than almost everyone else to see her once she was back (we lived in Phoenix at the time). The summer she returned home, Mary showed me what an incredibly forgiving person she was, and also how strong and determined she was in choosing that which is good. A year later, while floating on soft, rocking Lake Powell boat waves, she shared great stories of her new love, Seth. We could all see that he had brought more joy and happiness to her heart than anyone else ever could.

Mary is a very attentive mom. I love seeing her with Tillie or with any children really. She is kind and patient and my kids easily respond to her nature. Mary has an incredible knack for bargains, makes some very tasty banana bread and lasagna I cannot get enough of, was one cute pregnant girl while living in London, and tells really great stories. She is a fabulous girl and I love to be around her--I will be sad if she moves far away again because I will miss her company so much. Happy Birthday Mary--I hope it is a wonderful one!

5 comments:

Krista said...

I agree, Mary is...truly amazing. Mare I hope you have a fantastic b-day.

Heidi said...

Is moving away something that might happen?

YOu for sure married into a very fun family!

Anonymous said...

I remember that day we were floating around the back of the houseboat when Mary shared her feelings about Seth! Mary is very warm and open and it is truly fun to be around her. Have a great day Mary!

Mariposa said...

care...you are WAY too nice. Thanks for saying all those nice things about me. We DO have a good, strong history. I'll miss you if we move away, too. I love you and think that you are a perfect match for my brother and I love having you as a sister in law. Thanks again!

mare

Seth said...

Lake Powell waves, me... So what did you guys talk about? Care and everyone else your comments are so sweet. Mare is seriously the best person in my whole world, she makes me feel like a lion, if you know what I mean. No really she is an incredible wife to me and mother to Tillie. If Tillie knew we were celebrating her mamma's life she would probably burst into elated screams of excitment. We are blessed to have this wonderful LeBaron lady in our lives, she has such a tender heart and love for life. Happy Birthday Mare!!!