Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Krista

Happy Birthday Krista! I remember the first time I really hung out with Krista. It was during all the wedding festivities of our friends Matt and Lizzie Stevens back in August of 2003. Joseph and Johnny decided to create quite a wedding gift (last minute of course) which left lots of time for Krista and me to hang out (since we are not the design pros/nerds our hubbies are). I loved how open she was, how easy she was to get along with and how happy she made Johnny--which was easy for anyone to see. We made even better friends when she and Johnny came to Phoenix to play with us several months later. They were engaged by then and I was thrilled at the prospect of having her join the LeBaron clan.

Krista is very loving and very aware of those around her. She is sensitive to other people's needs and can make anyone feel welcome and cared for. I love how adventurous she is as witnessed by her camping escapes with Johnny, Sisi and Coco, her daily commute to and from work in Manhattan, her mission service in Italy, her leadership of the Primary in her Brooklyn ward, and her easy willingness to become a mommy. Krista is fun to hang out with and I especially love shopping with her at H&M (or anywhere!) and chatting with her about motherhood, ottomans, blogs, and being married to silly LeBarons :) I love Krista's laugh, her decorating style, her innocent nature, and her gentleness with children. She is a true friend to me and I am grateful for the leap of faith she took in marrying Johnny--it has changed all of our lives for the better. I love you Krista and hope you have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Krista- I think you are great too!

Anonymous said...

I also love Krista's laugh! No wonder Sisi's is so contagious! We are all thrilled that you married into the LeBarons because that makes you part of our family as well! Happy Birthday!

Krista said...

Thanks Care, you are so sweet to write those nice things. I'm so glad that you are my sister in law!