Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Rest of Wednesday

Joseph met up with some old design friends for lunch so the big kids and I had a hotel room picnic (our Livvies was sleeping in the other room so we had to stay in.)


And then it was out to the pool! We opted for the deeper, smaller pool near our room so Bentley could dive down for his rockets.

Our room was right around the corner from the middle balcony in the picture.

Love my little sunbather

Downtown waiting for dinner at this highly coveted place:

After an hour waiting in line we were treated to some very good pizza. We are lucky we made it inside at all actually--that place is crazy busy, only open Tuesday-Saturday from 5:00 until 10:00 and the line to get in for dinner begins around 3:30 each day. What??! Joseph and I had been years ago but I am pretty sure it was before they got this popular. Tye and Stacey made heroic efforts to come join us but when it came time to eat, the place would only allow 4 more people inside before they were full and we'd have to wait at least an hour for a free table. My brother encouraged us to go in and eat while his little family would figure out something else for dinner. We were sad to miss out on more time with him but thought it was so gracious of him to encourage us to stay.

Love that restaurant! So sad it is such a fiasco to actually eat there though.

We dropped by Joseph's Aunt and Uncle's house after we ate.
Livs was completely enamored with Edie's cuddly animals (Edie is Joseph's college-aged cousin)

Back at the resort we went for a little walk and bought ice cream sandwiches to eat poolside before bed.

I love swimming pools all lit up at night,
although the picture doesn't quite capture the inviting ambiance.


2 comments:

Angela Jensen said...

I was just reading about that restaurant. I'm reading this Peter Reinhart book about his quest to find the best pizza in America and he said that it's Pizza Bianco. How funny! Is it really that good?

Heidi said...

Wow I am not that big of a pizza fan, don't think I would have waited! Your trip sounds super fun sis, I sure miss my annual vacations down there.