Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful Weekend



Over the past few days I am especially grateful for:

--a delicious feast with my hubby and his amazing family
--hearing what everyone is most thankful for this year
--a safe drive to my parents' cabin on Thanksgiving eve


--hanging with my big brother and sister (and their families)
--this fun cousin for Caroline (who else could teach her to pose just so and hand down all her darling outfits?)

--my adventurous children


--their playful father

--the gorgeous mountains
--my parents snuggling and entertaining my kids while we stayed at the cabin

--decorating our home for Christmas


--a special date night with Caroline (and Cec and Maddie and my mom and dad) to see the Rockettes' Christmas Show


--finally, a lazy afternoon today for painting my little lady's nails


It was a busy weekend full of family bonding and the Christmas spirit--I loved it. Cares and I got home from our date late last night and then I stayed up way too late working on my talk for sacrament meeting today (but better to be prepared!) Joseph spoke too and our topic was gratitude--perfect for Thanksgiving weekend. I was excited to share on such an open and uplifting topic even though it's always daunting to speak in front of the whole ward. Ruth Ann and Neil braved the snowy roads and joined us at church to sit with our kids as we spoke. I swear my kids have never been so reverent! I am so thankful for their help today and that they raised my husband to love his family and the gospel. He is such a good man (and smart too. You should have heard his talk today).

I feel so blessed.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend. There is much to be grateful for and family is at the top of the list. Thanks again for keeping Maddie one more night...she loved the cousin time and sledding.

So thankful for you Care!

I will email you a picture from The Rockettes for this entry!

Heidi said...

I need to see a picture from Rockettes! Mom told me the little girls were all dressed up. Sounds like such a fun weekend, I would have loved to have been there for it all!

Krista said...

Hey I gave a talk today too! Same!! Isn't it nice to have that over with? Thaksgiving weekend looks lovely with all the snow. I also am loving the pic joseph sent of bentley's second tooth out! Fun to see the rockettes. Johnny and I went when we were in new york. I think it would be fun to take sisi to that. Mostly I am just working on trying to see the nutcracker one of these days. :) oh and your comment about the rolls so true!! That ruth ann was wonderful to help me and now I'm not so scaredy cat anymore to making rolls.

Bobbi said...

We were glad to have you with us at the cabin. It was a fun week-end. We're grateful for that wonderful place to gather together. I am so thankful for you, Carrie.
The Rockettes were great and the little girls scrumptious in their fancy dresses and special shoes!

Bobbi said...

And sorry to miss your talks, we had to get Tye and Stacey to the airport and Dad was on call, too. If you would email it to me, I would love to read your talk.