Saturday, November 20, 2010

Double Date

Joseph and I feel totally spoiled right now. My parents graciously took our kids for a sleepover at the cabin last night so we could 1) see Harry Potter (courtesy of our insurance company--thank you Allstate!) and 2) do sealings at the temple this morning.


We liked the movie and remembered how much we loved those books and the whole story-line in general. I was a little surprised by the brief Harry and Hermione kissing scene (a vision of Ron's created by dark magic)--purely because they're (ahem) topless in it. Made me a little uncomfortable--especially when I had 2 young teenage girls on my right who felt totally awkward about it too. Did they really need that moment in the movie? I think not.

Fitting in a perfectly quiet night of sleep in our own bed felt so decadent last night. Left us feeling totally rested and ready for the temple this morning. We met up with some ward friends to do sealings. About half-way through, a random couple joined us. When it was their turn at the altar the sealer decided to share some stories with us. Next thing we knew, the poor guy kneeling up with his wife started teetering and sinking, and we had to make a group effort to get him sitting down and coherent again. He had all but fainted up there, but made a steady recovery. Quite an exciting day at the temple!

It was so lovely to have so much couple time with my husband this weekend and we feel really lucky to have such amazing help close by--thank you mom and dad!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

you ARE lucky to have the best help possible so close by. Your date overnighter sounds great (but gross I don't want to see Harry ahd Herm kissing nudey). I just read the seventh book over again and am just dying to see the movie!

Bobbi said...

Your kids were delightful little companions, and we had a great time with them. Glad you had fun with a night all alone and 2 dates. We are anxious to see the movie, too, but annoyed that it has the sexy stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling me Friday night with the report on the amount of nudity. I am so angry that something like that even has to be in there. How can we ever own that movie? I will have to pull the "close your eyes until I say so" if I take my boys to the movie.

Fun date night and fun date day!