Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Slow

With the time change on Sunday and a long, lazy afternoon once we were home from church, I felt like the day would never end. We ate dinner just before 5, had all the kids bathed and in pj's by 6 and all our reading and scripture studies done by 6:30--and that's when I was thinking, "it's really only 6:30?" Livs was very tired and went off to bed while Joseph and I entertained the big kids for a while longer. I swear that extra hour made a huge difference in our day!

Of course timely Livs woke up at 6:10 am yesterday and again, the day seemed to stretch on and on. The girls and I ran some errands in the rain which they loved all decked out in their rubber boots. In the afternoon I worked on YW stuff for Wednesday night, pulled pics together for Olivia and Caroline's end-of-year books, and made pizza dough for our dinner and sugar cookie dough for our FHE.

Today, we have been home again (Cares has been to preschool and back) and I am feeling grateful for these slow, calm days. I feel like I get so much done without rushing around or feeling stressed out. I am kind of loving the Laurie Berkner song about slowing down. And love that I get to know songs like this as a mama of young ones :)

And for your viewing pleasure, a few pics of Livs that will be in her 2010 book:

snuggling Daddy at Beans' soccer game

the beautiful baby with brown and blonde eyelashes--love that about her



5 comments:

Joseph said...

That's weird. She's scowling when I am kissing her.

Anonymous said...

This time change has made the days seem super long for us as well! Sunday night Chad and I were laughing about how tired we were and it wasn't even late! We are taking advantage of it though and getting our family up early to accomplish more during the day. I even made it to Jordan Landing by 10:15 today and I wasn't rushing at all to be there (I got dinner going in the crockpot, changed the laundry, showered, got my two little ones ready for the day, emptied the dishwasher, etc. before we decided to go).

Sweet Livs. How are these babies going to be two so soon?

Bobbi said...

She is a doll. I love her little mixed hair and eyelash colors, too. Won't it be fun to see what she looks like when she grows up? ( Which she is doing too fast!) She is smiling more lately and I am delighted when she gives one to me. Good job on all your projects, and Cec, you, too!

Heidi said...

Do you love writing "the girls and I". Two cute little ladies to play with each day! Love it

I am not a fan of the time change. I already had long slow days with my kids at home.

Krista said...

Oh, I'm hoping for a slower day today. I like those days too. I'm so proud of you for making books for your kids. I really want to do that sometime.