Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life

This week I:

--cleared out and stored away everything Halloween related by the evening of November 1st. I have never been that quick before--but I was really done with all the celebrating this year once my kids had been trick-or-treating.

--met up with both of my sisters for one last playdate before little sis had to travel back home to Minnesota. It will be months before she can come out again and I'll miss her and her darling kids.

--attended parent teacher conferences and really enjoyed it. I like Bentley's teacher a lot and she adores him and is so proud of all his growth and learning--we agree on so much! Love having a first grader--they make those things pretty easy.

--made a short and simple Christmas list for each of my children. I am determined to get things squared away quickly and enjoy a December full of baking, crafting, snuggling up with my kids rather than shopping with the crowds.

--got a new entertainment center in the living room. And by "new" I mean "new to us" because it was a free hand-me-down from my parents but it's in amazing shape and fits so well in our home. Joseph and his various helpers worked quite hard to get the thing moved from my parents' house to our house today--and now my good hubby is all worn-out with some tight little (I mean, big) muscles.


--went on a family run to the park and back (last night). Bentley rode his bike and Joseph and I took turns pushing the girls in the double-jogging stroller. Once we arrived at the park we took a 20 minute break and let the kids play before heading home. We've done this a few different times this fall and it's such fun to all head out together. Cares cannot wait to get her own bike so she can ride along too. I also went for a bike ride today and kept thinking it was most likely my last outdoor ride before the weather turns--so happy we've had such mild temps the past week.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

It looks good in your house, Carrie--somehow it makes the green wall really stand out. So glad you can use it! Good job on all your other projects, too. I love that you are making exercise time a fun family activity.

Heidi said...

The entertainment looks great in your house! How fun to have a "new" piece to decorate ;-)

Love the family exercise adventures. It's already too cold here for such things. Myabe next summer I can talk Ben into the cycling thing...

Heidi said...

ha ha meant to write entertainment center, not just entertainment, but I am sure that is great in your house as well (it certainly is if you ask Max)

Anonymous said...

They were quick movers! It looks really good in there and now I need to see it in person.

Thanks again for watching Maddie and Connor for me while I went to Eth's game. It was SOOOOO much more enjoyable without the little ones. I owe you!

Yesterday was such a lovely day for bike rides and running! My boys were riding the green machine outside with E.J. at 7 pm and even though it was dark, they were totally comfortable in just t-shirts. I will miss this beautiful weather.