Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekends


I am thankful for weekends.

Saturday: Unlimited "daddy-time," watching the BYU football game, cleaning an empty house while the kids were riding bikes outside (with mittens and hats on :) Joseph keeping an eye on them as he hung up our Christmas lights, going out to dinner (early--because by 6 pm it simply gets too busy), working on Bentley's VIP poster for preschool on Monday, and hanging out with Joseph's little brother Bob who helped with the lights and entertaining the kids.

Sunday: church in the morning, naps in the afternoon, and Sunday dinner with family. Plain and simple and wonderful. I love Sundays.

Oh, and Cares has been working on potty time since Thursday. And Thursday felt like a total bust--no fun at all and little success. But then Friday was better, and Saturday was even better, and today she went all by herself during nursery and didn't have any accidents. We'll see what happens...

A few pics from Bentley's VIP poster:

My newborn baby boy

At 16 months old

Christmas 2006

cousin pile-up this summer


9 comments:

Bobbi said...

That will be a great poster--so fun to remember Bean's arrival and all the joy he brings to our family!

Bobbi said...

Oh, and good job on the potty training! Go, Cares!

Heidi said...

O sweet Beany baby!!!! That 16 month old picture is the best ever, musher!!!!

Anonymous said...

Chubby, adorable Bean! How is he growing up so quickly?

Yay for Caresie's progress on the potty!!!

I love weekends too. They always go by too fast...

ba and the boys said...

i love that 1st baby photo!

Krista said...

holy chubbers I love that ladder pic. Yay for caresie with the potty.

Maggie said...

I love those pictures. I forget that Bentley was so sweet and chubby- I just want to squeeze the little legs by the ladder.

Way to go Cares! I am so proud of her! Can't wait to hear how it goes from here.

Bobby said...

That picture of him on the ladder is priceless. It's fun to see that picture compared to seeing him and Cares on the ladder on Saturday.

Jess said...

I love that little boy! He is the sweetest and cutest! I wish Porter still looked like him with his chubbiness!