Sunday, November 9, 2008

Joseph



I am so very grateful for a good husband. And the father he is to our children.

He's the kind who will help me at 2:00 am by carrying our very upset and throw-up covered daughter into the bathroom, taking off her messy PJs and rinsing them out in the sink (along with her very yucky blankie), washing her face, brushing her teeth, changing her into clean clothes, and all the while talking to her in the sweetest and most tender voice to help her feel reassured in her sad little state. And then, by laying in bed with her for an hour and half in the middle of the night and helping her during 2 more sick bouts. She finally fell asleep for good like a koala wrapped around his chest at 3:25 am.

I love that man.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh no is Cares better now? What a great hubby is to be there for her last night.

Krista said...

ooo....so sad. Joseph is such a great daddy. I hope it is just the 24 hour flu. Sisi had that last sunday and let me tell you it was one rough night of throwing up and even the next day. yuck! I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Heidi said...

O and I am completely obsessed with her legs in that picture

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I am sorry she is sick!

Thank heaven for husbands that are willing to help out in the lowest of times.

I am guessing that this means no shopping together tomorrow. We probably better postpone for a few days. I need to go take my glucose test anyway so I will do that in the morning while Bill is around to watch Maddie. I will call you tomorrow...I hope tonight is better for you all.

Bobbi said...

Joseph is a wonderful dad and husband. Cares seemed better tonight, so glad. Poor little thing--and poor parents!

Maggie said...

What a champ! I had a friend who was saying on her blog that taking care of a sick child is a rite of passage into really becoming a parent (even though I know this isn't the first sick child you've had).I hope she is feeling better. I hate feeling sick, cleaning up from feeling sick, etc. We're getting excited to see you guys!

Mariposa said...

when we lived in London, a couple asked us to watch their kids for 3 days while they celebrated their anniversary. The older kids were gone for sleepovers and b-day parties so we decided to "spoil" the youngest with a trip to McD's. That night I woke up to the saddest crying and puking I had ever heard. Nuggets and fries everywhere! This little girlie barfed for 2 days straight. I was 6 months pregnant and thought..."This is definitely preparing me for parenthood". true enough. joe is the best!

ba and the boys said...

nate had that too. it isnt fun. i hope sweet caroline is better.
and joseph rocks. i usually get stuck with the stinky part.

Bobby said...

I'm hope Caresie's better now! You're the man, Broseph.