Friday, November 21, 2008

Grandparents


I am thankful for my children's grandparents.

They are playful and fun and so very excited and willing to see Cares and Beans anytime we come over. Plus, they help me out with babysitting so often. Just this week my mom took Beans and Cares for me when my weekly babysitter had a sudden conflict, and tonight, Ruth Ann is having them for a sleepover. I am so lucky. Not only are my parents and in-laws amazing people in my life and stellar examples of good marriages and true service and faith, but they are these 2 extra sets of "older parents" who truly love and adore my children the same way Joseph and I do (with the extra patience, attention and spoiling techniques that only grandparents have. ) I couldn't surround my children with anyone better and I love that we live so close and can visit and play often. I love all 4 of you!

My parents when they only had 5 grandchildren.

Ruth Ann and Cares at the zoo last spring

Bentley and his twin, Grandpa Neil, on Bentley's birthday last year

My mom and my kids at Lake Powell this past summer


6 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute LP picture. Grandparents are great- we wish we lived by some for Max!

Krista said...

ha. I'm so laughing about the sleepover comment that ruthann said on the phone now. :)

ba and the boys said...

grandparents rock! i loved mine and i know my boys love thiers!

Heidi said...

The grandparents are grateful for our grandchildren--and for our wonderful kids who are providing them for us! Those little babes are so full of life and love, so beautiful and hilarious. They are precious gifts in our lives, and we love that you share them with us!

Heidi said...

Oh shoot, sorry, that was Bobbi!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how fun it is to be a grandparent but I do look forward to that day.
My kids are so blessed to have love and nurturing from another generation of family that care for them so deeply. I am thankful for Crampa Sherm, Crama Bobbi, Crampa Bill and Crama Susan (love that Maddie still pronounces it that way).