Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Fun Tag

An old friend of mine from Phoenix, Mamie, tagged me and it looked like a fun one so here goes:
**FYI--Miss Meagan tagged me a while back and I was supposed to look in the nearest book and write a specific sentence from a specific page but when I looked it up it was totally lame. I even cheated and looked in another book and it was also one of those nondescript sentences--I just couldn't blog about such boring finds :)

Q: What were you doing 10 years ago?
Oh, the 19 year old Carrie...I was just a crazy teenager relaxing at home after finishing my freshman year at BYU. I was "dating" (i.e. frequently kissing) a rather cute boy who had been the quarterback on my high school football team when I was sophomore. He was the first 'RM' I had ever hung out with and even though we had some fun together, the relationship was pretty short-lived.

Q: What were you doing 5 years ago?
That was our family's first weekend together at the St George house. Cec and I flew to Las Vegas from Phoenix with her 2 boys, rented a car, and drove up to SG. The only problem was that the builders were behind on schedule and we couldn't actually stay in the house that first night there. We did move in over the next few days and had so much fun unpacking all the boxes of new things my mom had for the house. I can't believe my parents have had their place for 5 years now! Time is flying...

Q: What were you doing 5 months ago?
Preparing for Christmas!

Q: 5 Things on my To-Do list today:
1. Wrap presents for Bentley's birthday tomorrow
2. Watch DVRed premiere of The Bachelorette
3. Mail letter to Marshall along with bills :)
4. Work on dance lesson plan for teaching tomorrow
5. Send out an email to all the family about the kids' birthday party this Friday night at my mom's (can this blip count instead? ok--maybe not...)
Q: 5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Stacy's pita chips
2. Cookie dough
3. Bananas
4. Wheat Thins and Laughing Cow cheese
5. Trail mix (only if it has m&ms in it though:)

Q: 5 things I would do if I became a billionaire:
1. Buy my own island in the Bahamas and take my friends and family there with me to vacation.
2. Hire a house-cleaner (I really don't like cleaning... :)
3. Spend 2 months in London every year (which months though...)
4. Pay lots of tithing!!
5. Donate millions to all the charitable causes that I think really make a difference.

Q: 5 Bad habits:
1. Constantly fiddling with my wedding ring--and dropping it all over the place
2. Making and eating cookie dough (see above...)
3. Falling asleep on the couch while my kids watch Dora the Explorer at 8:00 in the morning
4. Blogging instead of doing more important things (such as the "5 things on my to do list" and cleaning my house)
5. Getting very chatty at about 11:30 pm, just when Joseph and I are about to go to sleep for the night and in turn, keeping us up until midnight almost every night.

Q: 5 Movies I have recently watched: (changed so as not to be redundant...already answered original question here)
1. Splash (on DVR)
2. Bridget Jones's Diary (also on DVR)
3. Enchanted (with my kids)
4. Bee Movie (with Bentley--he LOVES this movie!)
5. PS I Love You

Q: 5 People I am tagging:
1. Heidi Lou
2. Cec
3. Krista
4. Maggie
5. Mom

and Meagan if you want to play along :)!

4 comments:

Joseph said...

I remember when we "dated" — after I beat the crap out of your football playing suitor. He kept trying to punch me and I leapfrogged over his head and sucker punched him in appendix.

Heidi said...

I love your five fave foods! let's really become billionaires so we can go to London every year. That is a good one.

Team Gilmore said...

Those were fun to read Care...I just might play along:) I'm sorry we didn't meet up while we were in Salt Lake either - we totally should have and I'm sorry for being a slacker. Next time, for sure! Happy Birthday to Bentley, what fun for him. They grow up so fast. By the way, Elsa recently named her baby doll Caroline. It is the first baby she has named, up to this point she has just called them all baby. It's funny too because I have no idea where she heard the name. None of her friends or book characters are named Caroline that I know of...maybe she and your little Cares are meant to be kindreds:) Love to you all. Megs

Camille said...

I loved reading your Tag! We really need to hang out some time! You are such a fun cute girl!