Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Mom Brain

I decided to read the Twilight series again just for some good old, easy reads. I may just end up reading the first book though (it is a bit cheesier the second time around but still good, don't get me wrong). Anyway, I was just watching the end of the animated movie Madagascar with Bentley and thought, "that poor Alex the lion. He is going through such a similar thing as Edward--not being able to give into his natural instinct to kill in order to save the life of someone he loves..." What?! I am drawing parallels between teen fiction and Dreamworks animation? Way random. Just a peek into a typical day in my life. Maybe I think this is more silly than it actually is...

FYI--Madagascar is one funny movie. I especially heart the Lord of the Lemurs :)

6 comments:

Krista said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that makes disney parallels in life. I have to think of them again though. Usually when I'm watching I think about it.
Lately it's been "little mermaid" I think to myself, what a disobedient teenager. She was super naughty and was basically running/swimming away from her family FOREVER when she signed her life to the sea witch. she didn't even say goodbye. Arial doesn't have much of a brain or common sense. She's only 16 years old too. If my daughter....
Then Cinderella, oh there is much in this movie. So much that my mommy brain isn't working right now and I'll have to get back with you on that!

Heidi said...

Ha ha that is classic. I am sure Bean is getting the same kind of lessons out of watching that movie as you are ;-)

Anonymous said...

I almost have no words because I am laughing so hard. I can totally relate.

"What is a simple bite on the butt among friends?"

"They're just a bunch of pansies."

Gotta love King Julian.

Joseph said...

You want to know what lessons I've learned? I'll tell you what this bozo says. We are all steaks. "I'm steak!"

I'll tell you another thing. Don't trust anyone who is always bothering you, interrupting your parties, and tearing your limbs off.

So many life lessons. Thank you Julian, self-proclaimed Lord of the Lemurs.

P.S. When I asked Cares her favorite animal at the zoo, all she said/sang was "I like a move it move it!"

Bobbi said...

King Julian is the funniest. And Disney does relate to life. I remember at BYU we used to sing "Someday my prince will come, in the millenium..." I totally agree with Krista that Ariel is a disobedient, rude daughter. But the life lessons in The Lion King (except for the hidden naughty cartoon thing) are great.

Maggie said...

Funny that you're reading twilight again. I saw a mom wearing a shirt with the word TWILIGHT in sparkles and under that was written- Vampires are forever. Too funny. Do you really think it was so bad for Ariel to fall in love with a human? What if Eric had been a vampire?