Monday, November 5, 2007

6 Things

I read Krista's blog the other day and loved her post on 6 things people may not know about her. I decided that I could never do an entry like that because everyone knows everything about me--especially those who read my blog! But then I started really thinking and I actually came up with a few (but I am sure there is someone out there who did know all of these things before I posted;) I wonder why I felt compelled to dig up so many embarrassing things about myself...Anyway--here goes:

1) Back in the early 90s I had the hugest of all huge crushes on Mark Paul Gosselar from my favorite Saturday morning show Saved by the Bell. So, naturally, I wrote to his fan club and received my very own autographed picture and proceeded to sleep with it under my pillow for several weeks. I was such a devoted fan :)


2) I'd really like a tattoo. I won't ever get one but I must admit that I think a simple little design on the top of my foot or the back of my shoulder could be quite tasteful and sexy.


3) When I was little I used to pretend I was a Solid Gold dancer. I'd tuck my nightgown into my underwear to create my costume and then I'd dance for my family. You'd better believe I was awesome doing all my sassy 80s jazz moves (OK--I looked nothing like them but I felt like I was doing exactly what they did on TV!)


4) I decided when I was very small that if I were a princess I would require one thing: a hired back-tickler with amazing nails to tickle my back for me every night as I fell asleep. It still sounds fabulous--I love having my back tickled.


5) I love Conan O'Brien. His humor can really make me laugh out loud whenever I happen to catch his show late at night. I am excited for him to replace Jay Leno in a few years so I can watch his show before midnight.


6) When I was in Junior High and bored while washing my hair in the shower, I used to read the back of my shampoo and conditioner labels out loud and act like I was on a hair product commercial. Seriously, for those of you who know me, it fits the bill--I can totally be a drama queen!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha ha ha LOL! I do not think I knew about the shampoo but you are right it fits the bill. I still remember when you let me read your letter you wrote to Mark Paul- it makes me almost pee my pants thinking about it! Oh and the nightgown tucked into your underwear I remember those days well (admit it- you probably still did it for Joe last night, he he)

Krista said...

yes! Everything you wrote was new for me and I was LOL the whole time. Zack, I totally had a crush on him too but you really went all out getting his autograph. I love the pj's tucked into your undies too. I so want to see a pic of that (when you were little, not for Joe-heidi's comment). :) You are way funny.

johnnyboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
johnnyboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbi said...

Oh, Carrie, how fun it was to read these and recall the funny days of having you live here with us and keeping us entertained--and so unabashedly! Your joie de vivre is still apparent, and a wonderful part of you.

Anonymous said...

Truly hilarious. That takes me back! I didn't know about the back tickler (I am in on that idea as well...who doesn't love a good back or arm tickle?) and the shampoo stuff in the shower doesn't surprise me a bit! I remember talks about tattoos and where we would hypothetically put one if we got one. Do you ever watch LA Ink on A&E? Fascinating show. I can't believe people want to cover so much of their bodies though. Where is Zack these days? He was pretty hot. I remember when Angela Bentley met Slater in Mexico...too funny.

Joseph said...

Babe, you are funny... but I wish you would be a little quieter doing those shampoo commercials in the morning. It's hard to sleep when you do like 6 or 7 takes, yelling "Cut! Try it again, and this time put a big pile of sudsy bubbles on your head... Action!"

Jess said...

Hilarious! The scary thing is that once again we have a lot of things in common. For one, I totally use to do shampoo commercials in the shower. And at times when I am washing my hair, I must confess I find myself reading over the labels thinking of a good ad for it.

Maggie said...

Thanks for sharing the ugliness with us all- loved it and totally laughed. The shampoo thing sounds like something I would do. Too funny.