Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bentley's First Talk

Bentley gave his very first talk in primary on Sunday--is he really that old?! As all parents are with such "firsts," we were very excited and super proud. To make his talk more visually interesting for all those cute little primary children we decided to print some pictures to go along with his words. His topic was on strengthening families--here's the talk (short and sweet) and the corresponding pics:

Heavenly Father loves us and so He blesses us with families. In my family I have a mom, a dad, and a little sister. I also have 4 grandparents, 16 cousins, 9 aunts and 11 uncles. I love spending time with my family. Families are very important. When President Hinckley was the prophet our church leaders gave us a special proclamation all about families. It teaches us to help strengthen our families. Even as little kids we can do this. These are some ways that I am strengthening my family:




1) Sharing toys with my little sister
2) Giving big hugs
3) Doing fun things together
4) Working in the yard with my parents
5) Reading the scriptures as a family
I love my family and know I can help make our home happy.

Can you tell that we had to stage many of our pics? That was quite a funny adventure for us--the sharing one was the trickiest... I love primary and my little Sunbeam :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh I would have loved to hear him give a talk- so cute!!! I can totally picture him giving his talk in his little sean connery voice.

Anonymous said...

I am totally laughing at Heidi's comment right now. So true!
I bet you were super proud parents. The staged photos are the best!

Krista said...

that's it...he does have that sean connery voice...I couldn't place it this weekend. Bentley, I loved your talk. I feel so lucky that I got to listen to it in person at the cabin.

Maggie said...

I am also laughing at Heidi's comment. I was trying to think of how to describe his cute little voice to Justin. That would be it. What a great talk. I love primary and would have loved to hear the talk in person.