Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bentley is 4!

Happy Birthday to my favorite little boy!! Bentley started celebrating his birthday with Nanny and Grandpa yesterday afternoon. They took him on a special date to Build-A-Bear where he chose out his own blue, basketball playing, puppy whom he named "Typlar" (interesting choice right?!)This morning he enjoyed breakfast in bed for the very first time (I held off as long as I could but I guess 4 is finally old enough :) Beans was thrilled about it and we all sat in his room and shared off of his tray. During Joseph's lunch break we hit Chuck E. Cheese with cousin Maddie and won tons of tickets thanks to a machine that was constantly awarding a bonus jackpot--nice work Joe! Later this afternoon, Grandma Bobbi came over for a birthday visit bearing more gifts for both Beans and Cares. We ended the night at "The Pie" pizzeria for dinner with both Grandma Bobbi and Grandpa Sherm. What a busy day! Since Caresie's b-day is just 3 days away we figured we could fit in tons of fun today and save ourselves the same effort come Saturday (we are such efficient parents :)I just want to add that I love my 4-year-old Bentley with all my heart. He is so spirited, super silly, very smart and quite creative. He loves to laugh--especially at any and all "potty" humor, play at the park, color with Daddy, swim and snorkel in the water, and play with all kinds of vehicles--especially trucks and any kind of "mighty machine." He is a dear little soul to me--my first born child. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven sent him to Joseph and me. We were so eager to be parents and incredibly excited to know that we'd have a son joining our family. I have such high hopes for my Bentley and know that if he will just follow the examples of goodness and obedience set by his wonderful father and 2 grandfathers that he will find happiness in his life. Thanks for 4 years with you my smiling, cuddly,"moon pie" boy--I love, love, love you!!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Bean! I love the pic of him with breakfast in bed. And Typla- too random and hilarious. I love Beans and can't wait to celebrate this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Caroline's face in the picture with Chuck E Cheese is classic! Thanks for taking Maddie yesterday...she had a great time!
Happy Birthday sweet Bean. I love you!

Maggie said...

That sounds like a fun birthday to me! That breakfast in bed looks pretty yummy too. Give Bentley and Cares an extra birthday squeeze from me.

Krista said...

oh, big enough for the big breakfast in bed huh. that is pretty cute. Happy birthday bean boy.

Bobbi said...

I love you, too, Bean. Your lively attitude and wonderful sense of humor always keep things hopping. I love your warm hugs and happy smiles and funny jokes. I hope you turn out just like your daddy when you grow up!

bribets said...

Carrie...It's Betsy. Hey. I know you tried out for and love SYTYCD. I'm sure you watched the 2-hr. premiere. Did you like it? Did you agree with the judges on who they liked? Just curious. I love the show, too, but have no room to critique...I'd love to hear your thoughts! bribets@yahoo.com. Hope you're doing well!

Heidi said...

Hey Carrie-Happy Birthday to your little guy! I love reading your blog! Having three kids is a blast! It is so fun to watch them interact with eachother-even my baby already loves his brothers! Now, if only he would sleep at night.....
Take care!