Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Love Mothers

I just want to say that I love mothers. I was blessed with one who taught me how to achieve my goals, love my Savior and find beauty in the world. The best part is, she was right there with me in those journeys; carpooling me to endless dance lessons, bearing her testimony often as a my YW leader, and standing beside me in Paris as we gazed at the impressionist art she had taught me so much about. I also love my mother-in-law who is a woman you can't help but feel close to. She is giving and kind and eager to share her secrets for success as a seamstress and grade 'A' cook. I will always love her for raising a son who has so much respect for womanhood and still loves his mom so fully.


There is also something to be said about the bond of womanhood--it is a powerful force for good in my life. For me, I am particularly grateful for the bond of sisterhood that I share with my two beautiful and nurturing best friends. They have been part of my life for as long as I remember but in our adult years I have come to love them more than I could have known I would. They have both mothered my children with unconditional love and attention and they teach me so much without always realizing it. I love my big sis for experiencing motherhood before me and showing me how to tenderly care for little ones. And I love that she will have teenagers before I do so she can help guide me through those daunting years too :) I love my little sis for becoming a brand new mommy filled with so much innate adoration and concern for her tiny baby boy. I love to see how her heart has embraced him. My sisters are both wonderful mothers and dear, dear souls.


I've found a similar bond with my 7 sisters-in-law who I am proud to be related to. Any time a new niece or nephew joins our family I am overwhelmed with joy because I know they will be cared for by loving and committed mommies--they are lucky to be raised by these women!


And finally, I love being a mom. I can hardly think about that role of mine without feeling overcome with emotion. I am so blessed to have my Caroline and my Bentley. I love them so much that I cannot adequately express it. They are by far my favorite gifts and while they may drive me crazy at times and try my patience like no one else, they can fill my heart with immeasurable love with just a few kind words, a goofy face and some shared laughs, or an unexpected hug or kiss. These little moments are the best and the kind I stow away in my memory so I can hold onto them forever.

Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Krista said...

that was a sweet post. It hit all the good parts of motherhood. I love the pic at the bottom too with your kids.

Heidi said...

Happy Mother's Day Care. Thanks for being a great example of motherhood to me. I too am so grateful for the women in my life that I love- they are all so amazing!

Maggie said...

Happy mother's day. What a great tribute to mothers and motherhood. What a rewarding job we have! Cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written Care. Thank you for all that you do for me. I truly rely on you so much. Happy Mother's Day.

Lizzy said...

I have tears in my eyes after reading your posts Carrie. You are one amazing writer and I love reading your blog to stay up to date with your life. Can't wait to play with you all this summer!

Bobbi said...

A great post, Carrie. Thanks for the kind words. I have loved being your mother. And you are a fine mother yourself. Your children love you and you serve them unselfishly. I love that bottom pic of you with the kids! Can we (well, you) print that--and can we do it without the background people? I would love to have that in a frame. Such happy faces!