Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Video Test



After fiddling around on One True Media for a bit last night, I suddenly noticed the new icon on eBlogger near the one for uploading pictures. Voila--it's for uploading videos! It must be a pretty new feature. I think that making a slideshow through iPhoto is more efficient and easy for me compared to One True Media. I can create it and simply export it as a small QuickTime movie before uploading it directly to eBlogger.

Well, I tried that last night and the movie never posted. I think it's because the file size was still much bigger than the slideshows from One True Media--posed a major problem. This morning I tried exporting it to iMovie and then re-exporting it to web-streaming size (an option not available in iPhoto). The file size is much smaller (3.5 MB instead of 50 MB) but the quality may kind of shoddy--we'll see. This entry is simply a blog experiment for me--besides, by now I have lost many of you with this techno-babble--you still reading--anyone? :) Anyway, I decided to go ahead and try posting a slideshow movie to see what happens. If it works--enjoy some pics from our adventures last summer!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Whoa- Cares abd Beans are tiny. And my hair is short!

Anyhow, I got a little confused, so was this video through onetruemedia or apple? Now you need to learn to upload home videos- then I can hear and giggle about your kids funniness and cuteness all the time!

Heidi said...

PS- is that song by Keane or who is it?

Bobbi said...

Yes, you completely lost me with your techno babble--but I am impressed at your knowledge and your skills! Fun to see the old pics, even Heidi has changed a lot since then!

Anonymous said...

This is good for me to know...and I think I followed your babble because I have made movies and understand most of the process from doing that. I would much rather make a movie through iPhoto than through a different source on the web.
Love that song by Keane...their whole Under the Iron Sea album is amazing.

johnnyboy said...

Dude, I'm totally down on your technolingo--and the issue bites. Megabytes.

My suggestion is to buy the new iLife suite that apple just came out with. They TOTALLY revamped iMovie (cutting out some much loved features) but supposedly making it WAY easier to create quick home movies to post to blogs, etc. The bonus is that you can also post them to your .mac account in BETTER-THAN-DVD quality.

Since you guys are already mac nerds and have a .mac account, it shouldn't be that bad. Once you post a movie, I'm pretty sure you can take the html strand from the .mac page and plug it directly into your blog.

Look into it. (http://www.apple.com/ilife/imovie/#view)

-your nerd-in-law