Monday, August 6, 2007

Potty Time


Last summer, after Bentley turned 2, I thought about potty training him. But I had just had Caroline and found the transition from 1 to 2 kids a huge change already so I waited. Then fall came and I thought about doing it then. But the holidays loomed and I knew that we would be away from home time and time again with unpredictable schedules so I waited, again. In the new year, I bought Bentley a little portable potty and he tried sitting on it a few times. And then I put off potty training again. At his 3rd birthday in May, I realized he was getting pretty old and those size 6 diapers weren't quite the same bang for my buck as Caroline's size 3's. I decided to potty train him as soon as the lazy days of summer came along. But then we had a big family trip to Sun Valley planned and another to Lake Powell which would most certainly interrupt the process. So I waited yet again. And last week...I finally ran out of excuses. We are in the throws of this crazy process and Bentley is doing very well...with pee pee anyway. He has only had 2 accidents during the past 7 days and has kept his training pants dry during the night every night except 1. "Number 2" is a quite a different story and a gross one at that. Enough said. Bonus to this big change--Bentley is pretty darn cute in his big boy underwear :)

Bentley's Potty Chart

6 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Good job Bentley (and Mom)! I always enjoy overhearing Joe at work praising Bentley over the phone on what a good job he's doing. Keep it up Bentley, it totally worth it!

Heidi said...

Was that chart up when I was over? It cracks me up. Beans is too funny in his undies. I hope he will be potty trained soon, for both of your sakes!

Krista said...

Care, You are doing such a good job and Bentley looks too cute in his underoos. I can't wait to have you help me teach sisi but that is not going to be for a while. I do like the chart too.

Anonymous said...

Super cute chart! Those unders on Bean are the best because they highlight his sweet thighs! Stick with it...it will be so great once he is trained. Fun times in the bathroom all day long...call me when you are bored in there!

Catherine said...

I don't envy you! Potty training is a pain -- especially for boys, so everyone tells me :) Good luck!

Katherine said...

Oh boy! What a challenge. Luckily Bentley looks very into it and is for sure styling in his underoos. Good luck!!! P.S. You must post about the reunion... :)