Saturday, August 18, 2007

10080 Minutes

Not as monumental as "525600 minutes" but you get the idea...One week has passed and I have meant to blog about at least 10 things ("meant to" being the key words here). It was one of those busy, busy weeks where I sadly (and stupidly) forgot my camera most of the time--boo. I am forced to recap for the sake of my own journaling/blogging efforts--I'll see if I can narrow it down. Here goes:

1) Girls Night Out to see Becoming Jane--loved it immensely and seriously, how can you go wrong with anything about/from Jane Austen right?
2) 10 year High School Reunion--go RAMS :) I still have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I was thrilled to see my good, good friends who now live far away and revive our old bonds of friendship. I honestly had THE very best group of friends in high school and they made those years so much fun. I love them all so much. I guess that's why it felt so odd--only a handful of them were there and I missed those who weren't. I also would have loved to see some old faces that I've lost touch with or just haven't run into since college, missions, marriages, etc... It was great to talk with fun people I wasn't necessarily close with in HS and see how amazing and cool and down to earth they are (and most likely were 10 years ago except that I was too caught up in my own life and own things to really find out...) I was impressed with everyone's maturity, honesty and openess at our little gathering--says a lot about the quality of people there.
3) Dinosaur Park--Cec already blogged about this perfectly but we did have a great time checking out the huge bones, mystery trails, huge dinosaurs and their loud roars, and way cool (as in temperature) gift shop :) Ethan was our guide for the day, reading the map and directing us to the varied dinosaurs outside. Bentley thought that was a way cool idea and so each time Eth pulled out his map, Bentley did too and pointed and told us where we should go next.
4) Joseph's Birthday--Thanks for all the calls, emails and blog shout-outs--my hubby felt pretty spoiled! I felt bad because it was such a rushed morning (I had to get myself and the crazies out the door by 8:00 for a faculty meeting up at the U of U). But Cares and I did manage to make Joe some breakfast in bed and we shared it with him nice and early at 7:30 (Beans woke up just in time to score some bacon and orange juice and help daddy open his presents from us) After a long day away from home, Ruth Ann and Neil took the kids while Joseph and I grabbed a quick birthday dinner at Trio Cafe before heading back to ole' Herriman. Once the kids were in bed Joseph played X-Box and I read Harry Potter--how's that for an awesome evening in!
5) Secret Garden at the Hale Center Theatre--I honestly think this is my favorite musical. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I saw it for the first time in NYC when I was 12 years old with most of the original Broadway cast (minus Mandy Patinkin--so sad I didn't see him in it!) I adore the story, the music is so lovely, the characters all human and flawed but wanting to be better, and the symbolism inherent in almost every song speaks volumes about love and hope--it's all just so wonderful. Last night the show was good but not great. I did love the girl who played Mary--she gave the show some much needed energy and charisma plus she had a sweet young voice. I still loved hearing such familiar tunes and some rather amazing numbers that just grab at my heart every time (Lily's Eyes, Race you to Top of the Morning, Hold On, How Could I Ever Know). Makes me want to watch A Little Princess again :)
6) Rebecca Mudrick Photo Shoot-- I am so excited to see how the pictures turn out!! Rebecca met us at my mom's and photographed the kids both inside and out in the yard. She is one amazing photographer and I love all the pics she has posted on her blog and website. Cares and Beans were both very accommodating and really sweet so I hope we get some stellar shots of each of them. I will post a link to the pictures online once they're ready (in about 3 weeks).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun recap of the week! Yay for the dinosaur museum and the Rebecca photoshoot. Highlights for us as well!

Heidi said...

Okay wait wasn't that just five things? Maybe I need to go back and count. I didn't know you saw Secret Garden this week, that show reminds me of you and the soundtrack does and it really is one of the best soundtrack's EVER!

Beans wants to be just like Eth that is so cute about the maps.

Heidi said...

I mean six, okay I thought there were going to be ten things but really it was just the highlights of your week. Seems like a good week to me, how far are you in HP?

Krista said...

wow someone's been busy. how fun to visit the dinosaur park with the kids. I loved that they had their little maps out and beans trying to act like he knew what to go see. too cute.