Thursday, August 9, 2007

30th Surprise

We pulled it off. I seriously can't believe it! Even during the last few seconds it could have been the surprise that wasn't. But thanks to some tricky maneuvers, bold-faced lies, and Joseph's total trust in all of us, he was indeed surprised--phew! A huge thank you to all of you for coming--it was so great to have a big crowd there to shout surprise and play with us on Tuesday night. I know it made Joseph happy--he couldn't stop smiling all night.

Here are my best pics from our climbing experience (too bad they don't allow cameras out at the pool since we rocked those water slides hard ;). Most of them turned out blurry which tells me only one thing: Joseph really does need a new camera for his birthday. I'll see if I can get things rolling on that for one more surprise on his birthday morning.

Check out Jess and Tommy's blog for a great pic of my hubby as he walked into the surprise party :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That was honestly such a fun night! Thanks for planning it when we could be in town to celebrate. Hurray for the slides opening finally too ;-)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job at pulling off such a fun activity! Props to you for being an awesome wife!

Maybe you and I need to rock climb in the mornings for our workout...my arms are sore! That was really cool though and I am loving the picture of you pushing off the wall!

Bobbi said...

The party was a blast, Carrie--Dad and I had a great time and it was fun to surprise and honor Joseph. We want to try rock climbing again. It was hard but exhilarating. Good pictures--glad that the one of you "hanging out" finally worked!

Krista said...

Fun Party Care. Good job and once again I'm sorry that my better half had half a brain that night as we drove up RIGHT IN FRONT of you guys before you went in to surprise Joseph. duh! I'm glad everything turned out well.

johnnyboy said...

Carrie, you're an awesome wife. Every husband dreams of having a woman who's 100% smitten over him and openly admits it. (Especially when he's responsible for poisoning all progeny with silly LeBaron face—how did Cares escape it?)

Thanks also for letting us be the first to surprise Joseph. I know he wanted it that way. Lucky I had "ye ole freelance" trick tucked away in my spandex shorts.

Speaking of, did Joe like his b-day present? I heard you sewed him some daisy duke gerbauds with matching dark socks and florescent crocs. Yummmmeh.