Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Joseph

My hubby turns 30 today. Quite a monumental birthday--another decade under his belt--but he still seems just like the fresh, smiling, newly returned missionary I met almost exactly 9 nine years ago. Did I know that August day that I would be the one to share his 30th birthday with him let alone his life, and his children? Not at all--because it would have seemed only like a happy fantasy or an incredible dream.

Joseph is my favorite person--the love of my life. If I actually wrote all that I could and wanted to about him, it would fill the pages of a short novel (well--maybe a long novel since being succinct is not one of my strong points :)

I love how friendly, open and warm Joseph is. I love that he is optimistic, determined and incredibly hard-working. I love his creativity and humor which so easily go hand-in-hand. I love his smile, his curly hair, his moon eyes and his kind heart. I love his faith, his testimony and his honorable nature. I love to hear him sing whether he is performing in a concert, in church or simply singing lullabies or a popular song from the radio. I especially love to see Joseph with our children. He is totally and completely enamored with them and he makes sure they know it. He makes our home so spirited and playful--we are so lucky that he is ours forever.

Joseph is my heart, my happiness, my protector, my smile, my day-in and day-out, my morning cuddle and my late night kiss. He's my home, my best friend, my laughter and my lover.

Happiest Birthday honey--I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute!

Happy Birthday to your sweet hubby! Joe is a blessing in all of our lives and I know that Chad especially appreciates their close friendship.

Bobbi said...

Joe is truly all of those things, Carrie. You are a lucky girl. Happy Birthday, Joe. We love you, too!

Heidi said...

um I almost cried reading that. I am so glad you guys found each other and that he makes you so happy, and you produce incredibly hilarious cute children, so I also like that ;-). He is also a fun brother for me to have!

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Joseph! I called to remind Johnny to call you and he was like, "Of course I remembered!" You are a great brother in law and I hope you had a fabulous evening out with Care.