Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Rob

Happy Birthday Rob! I hope you'll make and post another dance movie for your birthday because they totally rock :)

Rob is one funny guy. I didn't know this when I first met him but as I spent more and more time with the LeBaron family, I learned to tune into to his subtle and dry humor. I love how rational and concise he is when reasoning with his daughters and how calmly he eggs them on to bring out their true silliness. I love how capable he is and how he makes playing the piano, snatching up a PhD, and calming a fussy baby look seriously easy to the general public.

In 2003, Joseph and I took advantage of our frequent flyer miles and jetted out to Indiana for a short stay with Flori and Rob. It was such a fun trip due simply to the Christensens' hospitality and the continuous hours we spent together talking and laughing. I am eager to repeat that time together now that they live in Charlotte.

I love that Rob is a good listener--makes it easy and fulfilling to sit down and talk to him. He is also a great learner and tries his hand at several new things (like buying a Mac and then devouring all the software possibilities :) I love that Rob has been in the LeBaron family longer than any other in-law so that he remembers the Canyon Rim house, the neighbors from that area, and even Nanny--the only one who ever met her. This ever so "useful" knowledge makes him laugh even harder when all the siblings discuss random people and events at family gatherings. Rob is an amazing dad and deals with a house full of girls seamlessly--and I am still getting use to the fact that little girls scream and squeal tons more than little boys do (but they sure are cute!) I love to watch the teamwork between Flori and Rob as they raise their little family--they set such a good example for Joseph and me.

Happy Birthday Rob! Hope you have a grand day and that we get to hang-out with you again soon!! (I really wanted to post your favorite pic from Sun Valley--you know, the one of you at the driving range. Maybe I need to add it--it is priceless...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rob! Even though we have had limited interactions, I can sense the kindness and happiness that you radiate. And anyone who can raise 4 lovely daughters is a man who can be reckoned with!

Robert Christensen said...

Goodness gracious. You make me blush. How kind you are. I'm not quite sure which is kinder--your words or the action of NOT posting the golf picture. Deepest thanks for both. Thanks for keeping us in the loop by being such a great blogger. - Rob