Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Notes on the Rascals

Silly summer stories from the LeBaron household:
Lately, Bentley likes to come up to me with a mischievous grin across his face and ask "is Caresie a little rascal?" He waits for me to say back "she is. And you're my big rascal." Then he laughs like crazy and replies with the classic Aunt Heidi "whaaaaaat?"

While we were having lunch as family this weekend, Bentley was not interested in eating the food I had prepared for him. I told him he had chosen a cheese hot dog and so that's what I had made for him. He sat in his chair looking at the food and then said "but that's not the case Mom." It's so funny to hear my own vocabulary thrown back at me by 3 year old!

On Saturday morning Bentley woke up around 7:30 and came wandering in to our room still bleary eyed from sleep. He walked right over to Joe's side of the bed and climbed up and over him to nestle his body right between us. Joe reached his arm around him and said "good morning Bentley. Did you come to cuddle with me because I'm so warm?" And Bentley replied, "Yeah but you're pretty stinky Dad." Gotta love that kid.

Cares has proven to take after her mama in many ways including her love for pretty shoes. Nanny gave us a pair of Sunday shoes that are still about 2 sizes too big for Caroline but they are covered in sparkling pink glitter so Cares absolutely loves them and begs me to put them on her anyway. She also loves the new shoes I got from the Nordstrom sale and has tried them on several times. She likes to stand in them and then step out of them, walk away, and then come back and stand in them again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is Bean that witty? He cracks me up! It is fascinating to hear your own phrases repeated through a child's mouth. Maddie's new phrase is, "Guess what?" Not that she has anything super interesting to tell but she likes to pin E.J. and Tyson into a corner and ask them that over and over. Fortunately, they are patient with her!
Cares and her shoes...I love it! Maybe we can get her some flip flops that she can wear to DEATH just like her cousin Maddie!

Heidi said...

"whaaaaaat!" love all those stories, Beans is a freakin comedian and Cares is a little shoe doll, love that you guys have that in common.

Bobbi said...

Thanks for sharing the funny stories! Can a love of shoes be a genetically linked trait? My mom loved shoes, I do, you do, and now Cares does! Too bad I couldn't have passed on my Dad's love of math, or something more practical...