Thursday, August 30, 2007

August End






So I borrowed an album name from John Schmidt for my title. It really hit me this week that August is almost over. Our summer has been one of the most fun ever--our first with both the kids mobile and curious and ready to play! But I am still sad to think about our days at the pool, in the sprinklers, at the splash park, in the green mountains, in flip-flops and shorts being numbered. Granted, I love fall and the transition is a fabulous, breath-taking exchange of seasons. At any rate, we are trying to enjoy all the sunshine and deserted pools, parks, etc... while the weather permits. Yesterday, we had a picnic lunch at the park with daddy where the crazies played non-stop. Bentley even convinced us to let him grab a bite of his sandwich while going down the slide. He's reminded me of that a few times already today saying "I can just eat my sandwich while I'm playing on the slide." What have we gotten ourselves into? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think our last park pictures were in April when it was still pretty cool outside. Weird that September is here in a couple of days. It is hard to imagine fall coming with these HOT days!

Unknown said...

Care, thanks for calling me up to come over. I love park dates... and I love my crazies. I think we need to introduce Bentley to the joy of "slip n' slide" before summer is completely over.

Joseph said...

haha... I am signed is as adwords at work. That was really me, Joseph, not some stalker that was watching you at the park.

Bobbi said...

Cute pictures! Happy carefree days with kids too little to have scheduled activities (besides naps). And the slide gives new meaning to "eating on the go". And nice that the adman could meet you there.

Heidi said...

O Beans, that kid is such entertainment. I am glad you had such a fun summer, here is to a fun fall and then another fun summer next year!

PS- what is wrong with me, both my sisters have blogged more than me this week- eek!