Monday, August 27, 2007

Safe George

That's what Bentley has called our little vacation spot for about a year now. Once I told him we were heading down there last week, he asked me at least 10 times a day if it was time to go to Safe George yet. In the future I'll remember to tell him we're leaving the day of!





We spent 3 days hanging out with Grandma Bobbi and Papa Sherm. We did the usual SG stuff: swimming, playing with all the fun toys, walking for a bit of exercise, golfing (dad and Joe), riding in the golf carts (big and small!), shopping at TJ Maxx, attending church and eating yummy food. One extra this trip--Twelfth Night up at the Shakespearean Festival. Maggie watched the kids for us while we saw the amazing production in Cedar City. It's already my favorite Shakespearean comedy, but now it may be my favorite play too! It is just so thrilling to see his works done live--the way he wrote them to be seen. Wow--it was just too good. Ask Joe about his "cameo" in the play sometime :) The weekend was over too quickly. My kids are going through attention withdrawals today--they got so used to having Grandma and Grandpa around. Thanks for all the fun mom and dad and for watching the kids Mag!

Check out my first ever online slideshow--we'll see if it works!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute!!!! That sounds like such a fun weekend, was it super hot? Cool you guys went to Twelth Night, I have never seen that one live (well besides the movie).

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the picture of Beans shooting water out of his mouth and the ones of Cares kissing the dolphin. You took tons of pictures there! Looks like fun and gets me excited to go there sometime this fall...

Krista said...

way cute pics and I'm super impressed about the slideshow. I'll have to have you teach me someday.
We're glad you are back home. It sounds like you had a great time seeing Twelth Night. I want to hear more.

Bobbi said...

This is a wonderful record of our fun week-end together. Thank you for inviting us to tag along with your family. From the sweet opportunity to play with our grandchildren to the competitive Canasta playing with our kids, it was a perfect time.