Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

To celebrate this year:

1) We had a "heart-attack" FHE last week and made a valentine for each member of our family to hang around the kitchen.


my hubby likes to make the kids and me laugh with his valentines...works every year!

2) Joseph (with some help from Beans) created Bentley's valentine box which, you'll never guess, ended up as a shark! It was a true labor of love...meaning Joseph loves that kind of thing and gets totally absorbed by it. Artist that he is...



3) Cares and I made sugar cookies today which we delivered to primary teachers, visiting teaching sisters and babysitters tonight (you can see them in the top pic cooling before we frosted them.)

4) We gave the kids a little valentine's prize once Joseph was home from work.


5) Joseph brought home beautiful red and white flowers for me and we ate a Papa Murphy's heart-shaped pizza for dinner. Pretty good day around here!


11 comments:

Heidi said...

Amazing Valentine box made by JOe!

Bobbi said...

I had fun helping you kids make your Valentine boxes, but too bad I didn't have skills like Joe's! That is a fabulous creation!

Anonymous said...

I had to show Chad the Shark Valentine box because I was so blown away. Awesome.

Krista said...

Love the shark box. Love. Love. Love. I think your week sounds utterly wonderful. You have great ideas like heart attack and Joseph is sure a good hubby.

Unknown said...

Love the shark valentine box! My 5 year old son saw it and wants to make one for his school party. Can you tell me what you used for the body of the shark and the mouth. Thanks

Joseph said...

Kelly, the body of the shark is a #10 tin can. You could really use any sort of large cylinder can or box, like a quaker rolled oats container.

The body and mouth are made out of posterboard. You could use construction paper too, but you'd have to use more pieces.

Unknown said...

Great! Thanks so much. We will try our artistry this weekend!

Joseph said...

Kelly, if you can talk your son into it, the whale was much easier: (scroll down a few pics to see it) http://lebloggin.blogspot.com/2012/02/iphone-pics-today.html

Unknown said...

Thanks Joseph but he is pretty set on the shark. We will do our best. Can I ask what you used for the fins?

Joseph said...

The sad thing is I just threw the shark away less than a month ago!

I cut the fins out of paper too and hot glued them on. I found a cool papercraft killer whale online and downloaded it to get an idea of how to do the fins. Then I drew my own and cut them out. Hope this helps:

http://www.papercraftsquare.com/canon-papercraft-animals-paper-model-killer-whale-orca-free-papercraft-download.html

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your help! We will do our best.