Friday, February 4, 2011

Date Night

The hubby and I just got home from a lovely night out. We went to Fashion Place mall to make some exchanges and ended up with a cute new tie for Bentley and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from V Chocolates. Then we met up with my parents at Flemings for a delicious birthday dinner celebrating my Dad's 63 years. Seriously, my parents don't seem that old to me. I mean my dad spent the day skiing with my nephew and after dinner he and my mom were headed to the temple to fulfill a cleaning assignment--they're active and involved and do so much for us. They are such good people. And fun company on date night (they think all the silly stories about our kids are just as entertaining and endearing as we do!)

Happy Birthday Dad!




4 comments:

Heidi said...

WHere did you buy a cute tie for Beans? I would not even know where to shop for that kind of thing. I'm sure it is more prevalent in Utah though.

I always thought of Mammy and Papa as in their 60s when I was little (maybe they were) and there is no way Mom and Dad can be that old- they don't seem it to me! Probably because they are so much healthier. Anyway, what is that yummy dessert Dad has in front of him?

Anonymous said...

Flemings for a birthday celebration makes for a great date night!

Our parents don't seem old at all. I was telling Ethan how lucky he is to be one of the oldest grand kids because he will have lots of memories of doing fun and active things with his grandparents (like skiing with Dad yesterday).

Bobbi said...

We had a great time with you guys, Carrie. And we do love every single story about the kids! We are lucky to be pretty healthy so far, and are glad to have children and grand children in our lives to be with. (Also, expensive creams, plastic surgery, a good dermatologist, and lots of exercise helps ;-)

brittanydaw said...

oh, flemmings has the BEST steak! Lucky you!