Monday, February 7, 2011

Felt Quiet Book

A few months ago my LeBaron sisters-in-law and I decided to make some felt quiet books together. It's taken me a while to actually get to work but I finally got things rolling this weekend. With 6 of us working on the book together we will all make 6 copies of our pages and then trade them around. Mary, Jess and I had a work day together for just a few hours on Friday and seeing their cute ideas has made me so excited for the finished product.

We used this blog and this one (among others) for tutorials and ideas--so helpful to have the internet for these kind of projects!

I am making "ark" pages and "mom's purse" pages. Want to see how they are coming along?

all the pieces for the ark page

had to document my very first sewn in zipper!
(even though you can't see it that well in the pic)


Finished page.
The finger puppets are from IKEA
and I ended up hot gluing the windows to the ark
because I am not great at sewing a small circle.

Some of the purses (above and below)



Finished page (except the felt wasn't sewn to the muslin yet :)
Cares was kind enough to "help" with the pink coin purse on Friday and decorate it just so with yellow accents.

I hope to post final pics when I have everyone's pages collected together (such as Mary's cute Potato Head page, Jess's vegetable garden and Maggie's mailbox and letters). I am such a nice mom to make this! (I do enjoy it though--never knew I would but I do.)



8 comments:

Bobbi said...

This is darling! I love your craftiness. And your kids will enjoy it for years (as you kids did that old one that I made years ago).

Heidi said...

I have been wanting a felt quiet book forever!! ha ha, well, at least since Max was born. Do you think it is possible to make one when I don't have a sewing machine?

Krista said...

Cute! I'm going to start working on mine when we get home.

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE! Love the idea of sharing the work with the other LeBaron women.

Maggie said...

I am so excited! Those are incredibly darling and I can't wait. I need to sew mine to the Muslin and finish up a few things to send them off. Good job.

At Heidi, I bet that you could use some craft or no-sew glue for at least some of the pages. Good luck.

Mariposa said...

carrie, my pages are all done too! I'm impressed with how well they came together - yay!! can't wait to swap them out! Maggie had a good idea to sew three button holes down the sides of our pages for looping them together. That is something easy our machines can do and the holes will stay super reinforced when we're constantly taking the pages off of the rings for our kids to play with!

Miki said...

Super cute! I'm looking for ANYTHING that will keep London in her seat at church...cute ideas.

Megan B ♥ said...

Those are SO SO SO cute!