Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nothing Day

Today we needed a "nothing" day at home. And by "we" I mean Livs and me (but honestly it was mostly for me :) While Cares was at preschool yesterday we saw Dr. Johnson for Olivia's 2 year well-baby visit. My sweet girl cried almost the entire time and begged me to put her "dress on" and "go home." She officially hates the doctor's office. After one little shot we were out of there and off on many errands: Ross, Michael's, Inkley's, and Great Harvest in Draper, and the we stopped at the gas station to fill-up the car and grab a drive-through car wash before we picked Cares up from school.

It was a busy morning added to an always busy Wednesday afternoon and evening: teaching for 2 hours, home for a quick bite, and off to YW. It was a lot for one day and I am compensating by still wearing my PJs at 1:00 in the afternoon today (but Livs just went down for a nap and we dropped Cares off for a playdate so I am headed to the shower pronto).

Even though we deemed today a "nothing" day we still got a lot done:

--folded Cares' laundry and put it away
--did all of Livs' laundry (still needs folding)
--sorted through Cares' old 2T and 3T clothes and found a slew of darling sandals for Olivia to wear this spring and summer (not to mention so many cute outfits!)
--mended a pocket on Liv's jacket
--searched old photo albums for specific pics Joseph needs for some blog posts he has coming up (on the lebaron60 blog)
--played "sleeping then waking" in Caroline's bed with Livs for a good 15 minutes. That baby loves to close the shutters, snuggle up under Cares' covers and fake snore, declare "morning!" and then open the shutters and laugh before repeating the cycle. I love the chance to cuddle her tiny body while we lay down together--and I love hearing her mock snoring/sleeping sounds.

So really, quite a productive morning even for a nothing day.

Randomly including a pic from Livs' birthday morning--she was so much fun this year opening her gifts with excitement and cute exclamations:



5 comments:

Heidi said...

Funny, yesterday we had a nothing day and it made me so stir crazy that today I had to come up with all kinds of errands.

Anonymous said...

I love accomplishing the little things around the house that are on hold until a "nothing day" comes around. You did a lot and got in the most important thing...playing with Livs!

I could use a nothing day. Really badly. But that is a few months down the road, I think.

Tyler said...

Hi Carrie-
I love those type of days especially after a busy day!

I have commented on your blog before but you don't know me. I can't even remember how I found your cute blog. Maybe through the recipe blog?

Anyway-My family is most likely moving to your town this spring/summer. And I need some advice on places to live and schools. Could you email me so I can ask you some questions? Aubs_10@mac.com

I hope I don't sound like a complete stalker! :)

Tyler said...

Sorry..My name is Aubree. I am on my husband's computer. :)

Bobbi said...

I love days like that, too, when "nothing" really means lots of little things. Productive but not pressured. Cute story about Olivia. And so love being in my pjs for most of the day!