Monday, February 28, 2011

Special Boys


Yesterday my oldest nephew turned 12 and we were lucky enough to attend his priesthood ordination. How did sweet little Ethan become so grown up? He was a 9-month old baby at my wedding and my favorite preschool buddy while living in Phoenix. And suddenly he is getting ready to graduate from elementary school and grow taller than me!

How I love that kid and the genuine way he has loved each of his younger cousins--even the newest little babies and toddlers. They all adore him and love spending time with him. As Joseph wrote in his card to Ethan "You are Bentley's hero and big brother all wrapped up in one." What a blessing for my little boy to see his beloved cousins making righteous choices.


While my sister and her husband had all the family gathered together yesterday, they planned to bless their new babe after the ordination--2 very special events right in a row and both such beautiful and tender blessings. I truly love my sister and her family so much. They have been nothing but a consistent influence for good in my life. I am grateful for all of them and that they share their love and friendship so fully with my little family and me.

(Olivia napped at home during the meeting with one of my darling Mia Maids who popped over to the house while we were gone. When Cares saw that Natausha was coming she decided she needed to stay home and play with her rather than go to more church. I was excited for Bentley to see Ethan's ordination and prepare for his own...which is waaaaay down the road, right? please?)


5 comments:

Heidi said...

Love that top photo with Brigg and Eth- such a special day for them both and they are both so lucky to have the other in their lives.

Robert Christensen said...

Yeah, WAaaaay down the road...like, you will blink twice and he'll be twelve. It's horrible, I'm telling you. He's so cute though!!!

Anonymous said...

Flori is right...it is coming faster than you think. Be prepared!

Thank you for being part of our special day! Eth loves you like a second mom and he looks up to Joe so much.

Love you!

Bobbi said...

It was a special day, and certainly Ethan is a special boy to all of us. It doesn't seem like very long ago that those milestones were happening with my children, so, yeah, Carrie, it is going to fly by. Enjoy these sweet days of family attachment and little ones nestled in your arms.

Krista said...

ahhh so sad how quickly it goes but it makes me smile that he is such a good boy.