Friday, January 28, 2011

Tulle Pom-Poms

The girls and I felt a bit crafty this morning and whipped up a few hair clips with tulle pom-pom puffs on them. We used the tulle we had on hand but I'd like to try some in silver or gray and add some sequin or tiny rhinestone sparkles to them.

We used Martha's instructions and they were very easy. They also seem easy enough to modify for making tinier puffs--just make the tulle half as wide (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches) by 20. Fun stuff. Makes me want to plan a fun birthday party for Olivia and get things all ready. But I am actually hoping to be in sunny SG that weekend as celebration enough!



Notice that Caroline's rash is all cleared up on her face...so random...


3 comments:

Heidi said...

I should attempt to make some for Sadie in small version. But she doesn't have enough hair for clips yet.

Are you going to SG this weekend?! I miss it so much

Anonymous said...

So cute! I would love to make some.

Are you going to SG for Liv's birthday weekend? That sounds so nice! I miss that place too. We might stop by on our way to or from Phoenix this spring.

Bobbi said...

These are very cute! St. George is lovely, and it would be great for the kids to get out of this cold and gunky air. We just got home from there and loved it--clean, warm (62), and beautiful.