Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In Retrospect

2010 was a good year. A really, good year in fact. I feel like I learned some new things, tried some new things, visited some new places, and had a lot of fun with family and friends.

My favorites from 2010:

1) Celebrating 10 years of marriage with my hubby in Kona, Hawaii.


2) Finally tackling yeast and making many, many batches of no-knead bread, pizza crust and cinnamon rolls.

3) Training for and racing in 2 sprint triathlons.


4) My new road bike.

5) Chicago. Traveling with 3 kids is super hard work but so very worth it for me. I loved exploring the city with them and feeding off of their excitement and amazement. Next stop, Europe--right babe?!

6) Reading The Book of Mormon with Joseph start to finish (2nd year in a row.) I wish I had a journal of all the times/places we read together--late nights in our cozy bed, in the car while driving to Sunday dinner, snuggled up at the cabin and relaxing on the top of the house boat after sunset.

7) Our annual Smith family Lake Powell trip in July. Always a favorite vacation.


8) Attending the temple 10 out of 12 months this year--a huge step for me in the right direction. Joseph and I also took our kids on several outings to different temples: Las Vegas, Oquirrh Mountain, Salt Lake City, and Chicago--a family tradition we are eager to build upon.


9) Working with my sisters and big brother on compiling my mom's 60th birthday present--a collection of 60 letters from beloved people in her life. It was a big undertaking (mostly because we wanted each letter on the specific stationary we created and organized just so) but definitely worth it. I think my mom loved it and will treasure those kind sentiments and words of love for many years to come.


10) All the small and simple moments I spent being a wife and mother. It's all about family these days and I am completely in love with mine.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! It almost inspires me to do one like it :-). What a great recap. I loved doing the book for Mom with you. It was so much fun giving it to her and then hearing the letters read out loud.

So weird to think that you were in Hawaii last January and I was there in April. I heart Hawaii.

My prediction in 2011 for you: a baby to play with my baby. Hurry!

Jennie said...

Oh how we love your sweet family!! I loved this post too! Maybe I should do something with my blog and do a similar post. We are grateful for our friendship with your family. P.S. We have a temple trip planned to do endowments if you want to come along let us know. We'd love to make it a date.

Bobbi said...

A wonderful post, Carrie! I enjoyed reviewing your good year through your list. I did, and do, love the book you girls compiled for me. It was the highlight of my year, one of the sweetest moments of my life and a literal treasure that will last a lifetime. Reading those letters is a joy, remembering all the beloved people in my life. Thanks to you all again!

Heidi said...

That sounds like such a nice year and you accomplished some great things. Love you guys!

PS- who needs Europe when you can visit Minnesota?!

Angela Jensen said...

#11 Oceanside CA

Krista said...

fun recap of the year. I loved it.