Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve


How was your New Year's Eve? We celebrated with the lively Adams Family (Joseph's mom's side) early in the afternoon. In fact, we were home with plenty of time to put our kids to bed early (7:30--they were wasted from so much partying/holiday"ing") and complete a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle by 10:30 pm. And then we kissed each other goodnight and went to sleep. I woke up at midnight to fireworks outside my window and had to think really hard before realizing what they were (or more so "why" they were). One day I envision myself staying up late to celebrate but sleep is just too inviting while wrestling small kids all day.

Cares and her Sisi and her Tillie (cousins who are all 4 going on 5)


And here's my homage to early church—although I had to get the kids and myself all fed and dressed by myself this morning (Joseph's meetings now start at 7:00 am), I love that we have so much of the day ahead of us for interviews (Joseph and the kids), making a yummy dinner, and Olivia's nap. We are totally going to rock the 9 am church schedule. And make it to church on time 90% of the time. Or 80%...


3 comments:

Heidi said...

I heart 9 a.m. church, but we just switched to 11 a.m. which I've never had but I think it will be alright. Both of my kids fell asleep on the way home but hopefully we can adjust.

Happy New Year sis! Yay for puzzles

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love the idea of celebrating early. We were all in bed by 11 that night too! Not worth it to stay up late when you are a tired parent!

9 a.m. church has it's benefits but 11 a.m. was really nice for us today because we made it there early! Connor was a wreck by the end but hopefully we can adjust to that later nap schedule.

Bobbi said...

Happy New Year! It's a good thing you didn't come up to the cabin after all--the power was out just on Lower Cove Road for several hours, so we had to turn around and come home.
We just switched to 9 a.m. too. Why does it seem so early? But the day does stretch nice and long afterwards.