Thursday, January 13, 2011

Slow

Everyone made it out the door late today. And I was just fine with that because I decided to let everyone sleep as long as they needed to. Livs woke right at 7:00 (pretty good for her lately) but it was quite a while before we saw anyone else this morning. Bentley finally wandered upstairs at 8:20, Joseph woke up at 8:25, and the two of them had breakfast together before heading out of here at 8:50--20 mins past the bell at school. But sometimes I just have to let my kids sleep in. Beans will be fine without those 20 minutes today and hopefully the extra sleep will help everyone in our house finally recover from their wicked colds.

Cares had preschool at 9:00 and Livs and I waited until 8:55 to wake her up. Amazingly, we still got her to school by 9:07 (preschool down the street is my new favorite thing).

Now for a random pic of my nearly 2 year old baby:

Loving Liv's soft curls and her bright blue eyes

And did you know we now have a pet fish thanks to a white elephant party? Cares calls him "Goldie" and Beans calls him "Big Gills" and neither will budge on calling him anything else.




3 comments:

Bobbi said...

A sweet indulgence, and worth it once in a while. These cold, dark mornings are hard to face.
Cute Livs! I loved her greeting me with a matter-of-fact "Hi, Gram" at Cec's on Monday.

Heidi said...

Holy cow I wish my kids would sleep in! We don't even have anywhere to be yet are up before dawn. Boo

I have been thinking of getting Max a pet fish He is so obsessed with the aquarium at our library.

I want to hear Livs say "hi gram", or anything for that matter. 2 days!!!

Anonymous said...

I want everyone to sleep in everyday with these dark mornings! We have let the boys stay in bed longer than usual and then they just have to rush to get ready. So worth it.

I love Livs' curls too. She and Connor are getting to be so cute together.

Fish are the best. Flippy lived for 3 1/2 years. I didn't like cleaning the fish bowl but he was a low maintenance/cheap pet!