Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today

...Cares is sporting a bright, lovely rash all over her beautiful cheeks and down onto her abdomen. We saw her doctor this morning and feel reassured that it's nothing more than a pesky viral rash--one that should clear up in the next 24 hours or so.

...I am going on day 10 with a hoarse, barely there voice and I'm losing patience with it. Just the fact that I cannot sing Baby James to my Caresie each night makes me sad, but I am a teacher by trade and last night's classes were not pretty. I feel like helpless (annoying) little Ariel...but I need my voice back! I mean, maybe I need to serenade my man too and remind him why he fell in love with me in the first place!

...I am furiously trying to get another blog book edited and ready to print before my Blurb Groupon expires.

...I read this post over on C.Jane's blog and liked that it made me think about substance--not only on my blog but in my life in general. In response to the Mormon Mommy Blog article flying around the internet, I think C. Jane shared an excellent response.

...My hubby is finally beginning to recover from his own bout with the flu. We are such a sad pair these days--going to bed at 9:00 pm every night, sleeping with the humidifier in our room and feeling too exhausted to spend much time together. I am getting excited for healthier days and a much needed date night out. My mom brought me an article on this Dorothea Lange exhibit and I am very eager to see it. Miss Lange played a major role in my master's degree research and thesis many years ago--her work is quite powerful.


2 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Tell me about this Blurb groupon. When does it expire? Can I get in on it?

Heidi said...

I am in the samwe boat with Blurb, must meet the deadline!

So funny after reading that C Jane post today I was going to email the link to you guys. I lover her response as well.

Sad to her Joe got sick too.