Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas is Upon Us

Advent Activities 2010:

1. Movie Night: ELF
2. Aquarium
3. Make chocolate candy cane cookies
4. Gardner Village ELVES and Tithing Settlement
5. Pieta viewing with Smith Family
6. Window Gels and watch Luke 2 for FHE
7. Gingerbread men foam stickers
8. Santa coloring pages
9. Movie Night: Polar Express
10: Family date night to Gateway for dinner and lights
11. Ward party in the morning (kids' singing practice for stake music program)
12. Make bead snowflake ornaments and stake music program
13. Make paper snowflakes and cards for Aunt Cecily
14. Letters to Santa at IKEA
15. Movie Night: Miracle on 34th Street
16. Providence Hall Music Program
17. Swimming at South Jordan Rec Center
18. See Tangled at the Movie Theater
19. Ward Christmas program and make sugar cookies
20. Service project for FHE
21. Movie Night: Home Alone
22: Wrap gifts
23: Family lunch date
24: Sibling gift exchange (morning) and head to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas Eve!
25: Christmas morning!

It is safe to say that I am almost as excited as my children to get our list going. I love Christmas time and that motherhood has afforded me an entirely new and magical view of the season. Such a beloved time of year.

6 comments:

Krista said...

great ideas. This makes me want to do this. I may copy some too. :) Sisi is dying to see tangled too.

Bobbi said...

Good list, sounds fun. I remember those busy, fun days with the magic of little ones at Christmas time. I love the movies, the crafts, the baking. Have fun with those cute elves at your house!

Heidi said...

Where are you going to see the Pieta?

Anonymous said...

Another fun list! We are going to have to leave some fun stuff up to Grandma Bobbi this weekend but then there will be lots of activities when I get back.

Jess said...

I'm definitely going to copy some of these. Porter is soo excited for Christmas and it makes me soo excited. Christmas is so fun with little ones!

Miki said...

I was totally channeling you. Seriously, I'm sitting here with a notebook trying to come up with activity ideas to put in my new advent calendar. I had 5 written down when I checked your blog! Genius. Just call me copy cat! (or smart...either one) Thank you, great ideas I never even knew existed!