Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The First Gift of Christmas

Actually, the gift of Christmas for Joseph and me...a new Nikon! (D3100) We had high hopes of buying a new lens for the old one sometime this year--one that could zoom in much closer than what we had. But, we'll settle for simply replacing the old one (you know the one that was lost or stolen or whatever...seems like so long ago it's hard to remember exactly what happened...or who's to blame...right?)

We got to open and assemble our new beauty on Sunday night at my parents' house--they are gift givers extraordinaire and we are so grateful. My mom knew we'd want to start using our camera as soon as we could--and we certainly need it for Christmas Eve! I am falling in love all over again. The last few months using a point and shoot have been hard on my soul. Seriously though, upgrading to an SLR makes a huge difference and I am thrilled to have one again.

All the better for capturing my Christmas babies:




4 comments:

Heidi said...

Livs is growing up too fast!

Lucky you to already have your AMAZING gift. Can't wait to get mine, although I have no idea how to use it...

Bobbi said...

So glad you love it and we know you will use it! Merry Christmas! We look forward to lots of great photos of your darling children.

Bobbi said...

And that is an adorable picture of Livs!

Anonymous said...

I heart Livs!

I have camera envy now. Your new one is so sweet! Even though you had to come by it the hard way, I am glad you are back in the game with me. And so glad Heidi is joining us! And Mom and Dad, right?