Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday

1) I just finished washing every nook and cranny of my (currently useless) refrigerator and freezer. It was gross work but now looks brand new. So I am seeing the bright side of things--I could never have given it the detailed cleaning it needed if it had not broken down. So there--a slim silver lining.

2) I had brunch at Corner Bakery with my big sis, my mom, my sister in law and all our kids this morning. It was lovely and fun to see Stacey and her adorable little Mason--that baby boy is a charmer and such a happy smiler. I was enjoying our little gathering until Cares' tummy started troubling her and I had to rush her to bathroom--where she lost it out of both ends (not both at once, thank goodness, but one right after the other.) Poor little thing--but she has been happily playing ever since we got home which is a good sign.


3) I am currently loving Sarah's House on HGTV (thanks for recommendation Cec!) and this blog all about refinishing and repainting furniture. My hubby and I have been planning a master bedroom redo for some time now so stay tuned. And because of Sarah I am determined to find an ugly thrift store chair and reupholster/revive it for our room. The writer of this blog finds the best thrift store chairs--and recovers them herself--why don't I know how to do that? I am dying to head to one of my favorite spots in Phoenix, J&K Furniture--I know I could find something great to work with there. Anywhere in the Salt Lake Valley with great second-hand furniture deals? I honestly want something cheap so I can spend the money on fabric.

4) Let me just add that it is pouring rain outside as I type--just a summer afternoon thunderstorm that will pass in a few minutes. I can remember many times in my youth running for cover during a tennis lesson and taking it indoors for the rest of the hour. The smell of rain hitting hot cement is so striking, so rich. I love it.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

What is this corner bakery cafe? is it only in SLC?

I would look on Craigslist or ksl classifieds for a chair to reupholster. There are girls in my ward here that are way into that stuff too- I'm excited to learn from them.

Bobbi said...

I like Home Again for consignment furniture. There is one in South Jordan near Gardner Village (next to The Black Goose store just north of the village) and one in Sugar House. It tends to have pretty nice stuff but good prices--not way cheap though.
This a.m. was fun and I am glad to hear that Cares has been fine since then.
Way to go on your fridge cleaning. An icky job but worthwhile in the end. What are you planning for your bedroom? Exciting!

Anonymous said...

What is up with all the random comments that you have been getting?

Corner Bakery hit the spot. And it was a fun brunch.

Wish I knew of some great consignment shops like J&K. Maybe a trip to Phoenix is in order so we can pick up a few things. I love that store...

And I am glad we got to be recipients of your "let's use up the freezer food" last night. See, there was a total silver lining out of that disaster (well, at least for us). The tacos were delish and we loved being with you.